Discussion: RNC Spent More Than $2 Million On Legal Bills In April Alone

“The RNC, President Donald Trump’s campaign, and the White House’s legal defense fund has paid out about $17 million overall to law firms over the duration of Trump’s presidency…”

“…with most of that going to the legal firm of Dunning & Kruger.”

21 Likes

A good chunk of that expense was to Jones Day - Don McGahn’s firm.

10 Likes

Can someone hand me a speck of dust so I can wipe away all of my salted tears?

2 Likes

I hereby nominate “Chimpy” as the Official TPM Mascot™.

Do I hear a second from the floor?

23 Likes

Every plutocrat dollar spent on lawyers defending Trump “Administration” criminals is a dollar not spent sliming Democratic candidates…

12 Likes

Republicans may not realize this yet, but they are infatuated with Modern Monetary Theory. They simply can’t get away from it. It’s exemplified everywhere in everything they do.

2 Likes

They have, for all intents and purposes, demonstrated its validity. Despite adding over $20 trillion to the federal deficit we still have near-historically low interest rates and have not become Zimbabwe or Weimar Germany…

1 Like

I remember when it was said personal injury lawyers always were Democrats and criminal lawyers were Republicans. I now know why the criminal lawyers are Republicans.

11 Likes

Hmmmmm…wonder if that’s the reason McGahn won’t testify.

/s

9 Likes

Shouldn’t we have a primate-ry?

9 Likes

Hopefully, they’ll

11 Likes

Works for me, but Sanders supporters claim “Chimpy” lost to their candidate in the Iowa macacus.

14 Likes

My chimp is not a Menshivik and he’s for MFA.

4 Likes

Are they still aping that line?

7 Likes

Just a reminder, unlike candidates who are supposedly ‘born to do this’, Chimpy will never go bananas and start climbing on furniture.

6 Likes

I blame the establishment for that loss.

3 Likes

Calm down everybody, let’s not go ape over this…

5 Likes

Zoo do zoo, I say.

6 Likes

When the RNC has to declare bankruptcy when Trump loses the 2020 election, and takes all the money he will claim that he raised, I will be laughing my ass off.

9 Likes

OT- missed at the PA Trump rally last night was the morph of the crowd chant from “Lock Her Up!” to “Lock Them Up!” (the FBI, other Intelligence Agencies, Trump opponents Clinton, Biden, other Dems) with Trump smiling and applauding.

I know internet etiquette is not to go Nazi Germany, so I will go to Orange Mussolini instead. These flesh eaters are really mimicking the Fascist State.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available