Discussion: RNC Paid Half Million In Legal Fees For Hope Hicks, Others In Russia Probe

1 Like

Man, that’s a big fucking tip to leave on the nightstand. Does that include cab fare too?

8 Likes

the law firm Trout Cacheris & Janis was paid $451,780 by the RNC. Hicks hired Robert Trout, the founder of the firm, as her personal attorney last year, according to reports. At least three lawyers at the firm represent individuals involved in the Senate and House investigations into Russian interference and the Trump campaign and special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe.

I’m thinking that Caputo wishes that he looked great in a short skirt.

5 Likes

We’ll, if they’re spending it on legal fees then they’re not spending it on ad buys.

4 Likes

Astound what lawyers get paid for doing almost nothing in reality except being able to speak and understand legalspeak.

Nor on election recounts:

[quote]The Post reported last year that the RNC was using funds slated for election recounts to pay some of the President’s legal fees related to Russia.
[/quote]
But the states whose really close outcomes swung the Electoral College outcome determined there was no need for recounts, so …

3 Likes

I bet trump misses her badly.
especially on those mile high club executive time moments. I know I would. lol

1 Like

Dang, that steams my trousers!

3 Likes

When this is all over, I think we’re going to find that the young women (HH, IT) who could actually handle DJT did so by wearing short skirts and letting him use baby-talk.

5 Likes

Corporations will often indemnify employees for their lawful conduct relating directly to their job functions. You’re a stock broker and a client sues you, alleging malfeasance. The firm pays for representation under the assumption you’re innocent. They discover you aren’t they cut you loose and your legal fees are your own to fund. They pay to defend the firm, buy you’re on your own.

At what point do the legal fees expended by an employer become taxable income to the employee? If your relationship is severed but they’re spending money on you isn’t it a form of income to you?

6 Likes

This

Sounds like the RNC is turning into the Trump Administration Legal Defense Fund.

2 Likes

Go ahead RNC …

Plenty more rubles where that came from ! —

3 Likes

She looks like she’s doing a panty shield commercial.

2 Likes

Hope Hicks made a choice when she quit not to get herself indicted for perjury or false statements. She’s happy to take Trump’s money but she’s not going to lie for him.

2 Likes

So by paying for the defense of Russian involvement, the RNC fully supports Russian involvement in our elections.

1 Like

Only the ‘best’ people. Only the best.

2 Likes

Ack, now I have an image of them changing his diaper stuck in my head,

2 Likes

This must really hurt the campaign coffers for the upcoming election cycle, unless of course they have a deep slush pool of money to tap into somewhere.

3 Likes

The RNC raised over 130 mil in 2017, which is a record for an off-year. They’re not hurting one bit, at least not financially.

2 Likes

Indeed, all from big money or possibly, can we say, corrupt; also called a slush fund.

2 Likes