Discussion: RNC Knocks Clinton For Voting To Authorize George Bush's Iraq War

Discussion for article #241708

Man, I agree.

The policy failure of the Buh years was a very bad thing.

P.S. Spellchecking is NOT the same thing as proofreading.

4 Likes

Shameless pricks. The whole lot of them. Republicans are the worst sort of human. Truly. Yes, she made a huge gaff voting for the war. But, I firmly believe the mark of true intelligence comes from admitting you made a mistake, showing contrition, AND LEARNING FROM YOUR MISTAKES! Something she has, and the Republicans know absolutely nothing about. They are the party of “Routinely on the wrong side of history!” Jerk-offs.

7 Likes

RNC: “Man! Our Party’s policies were so fucked up… from the unnecessary war we did not pay for to the 10% unemployment and housing collapse thing. How in the world could anyone support anything we suggest ever”?

5 Likes

Right. Her mistake, but the GOP orchestrated and manipulated the CIA and Intelligence apparatus because Bush-Cheney neo-cons were in control of what it found. So Hillary like most of the rest of us were victims of GOP shenanigans.

9 Likes

I’m surprised they also didn’t knock her for being a Senator from New York when the World trade Center was destroyed as the president ignored a CIA warning about the very possibility. Hmm, who was that president again…let me think…

4 Likes

Politics is stupid.

2 Likes

No doubt the only reason they’re dumping this turd in the punch bowl is due to “Benghazi” becoming radioactive.

2 Likes

Actually the Authorization For Use of Military Force was not a vote for the Iraq war but a show of support for the POTUS in perilous times. The AUMF held the stipulation that war was an option IF and only IF Sadam did not disarm. Quite stupid for Senators to believe that the Bush admin would not twist their vote into support for his war of choice no matter if Iraq disarmed or not. When the hundreds of UNSCOM inspectors went back into Iraq in October of 2002 and scoured the country for four months using best intell they had from every country willing to share leads and still found nothing the gig was up. That should have been the end of the AUMF but Bush and his handlers invaded anyway.

4 Likes

So the RNC now condemns Hilary for voting in favor of THEIR war, initiated by THEIR president and VP and THEIR political shills and lackies. Once again, Republican hypocrisy and obfuscation knows no bounds.

5 Likes

I await the inevitable RNC “memo” reminding all “Real Americans” that CLINTON was the name of the British Commanding General in New York (New York City!!!) during the American Revolution when all good 2nd amendment lovers took up arms and fought against the effete British for FREEDOM.
Lets ignore the fact that it was 240 years ago and almost ALL of the “American” troops used muskets supplied BY the government (cheap, crappy, 3rd hand ones at that.)

2 Likes

What, the RNC is a bunch of shameless hypocritical skidmarks? In other news water is still wet, the Pope is still Catholic and Bears, do indeed, shit in the woods.

4 Likes

Geez, that’s some mighty powerful oppo-research these clowns have done. You think they let Google in on their discovery? Must have cost them a pretty penny too.

Google alert: RNC wakes up from their Rip Van Winkle slumber to discover even their own dogged ideological foreign policy prescriptions have been utter bullshit all these years.

Let’s put it the way most people have always understood it however:
Bush lied, people died.

6 Likes

And Politics is loco … errr … local. Yeah, that’s it.

2 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhhhh…the irony…

1 Like

I thought called them the “Buh years” was inspired!

I think I see the rationale here—the friend of my friend is your enemy if my friend is your enemy and my friend’s friend is your—wait a minute…

1 Like

It only makes sense if its taken out of time-context. She voted, we all then found out that ol 5 deferments cooked the intel and then came the “surge”.

1 Like

The “Buh” years. I’m so using that.