Discussion: RNC Gears Up For Vote On Resolution Condemning White Supremacy

late again… as always, when it comes to race.

Good thing they made peace with hypocrisy so long ago, or this might be embarrassing.

7 Likes

Republicans disavow their heritage. Confederate statues come down faster than ever.

Skinheads still believe Trump is on their side.

1 Like

“The party of Lincoln”? Which flag represents Lincoln and which racism, assholes?

9 Likes

This is actually quite historic, folks. it’s the first time the Republican Party has condemned white supremacy since the end of the Civil War.
And I can’t wait for Dickhead to Tweet, “You don’t see the Democrat Party condemn it. Sad!”

5 Likes

The Republicans proclaiming they are not racists has unmistakable echoes of Nixon’s “I am not a crook”.

Easy to say, hard to get it to stand up in court.

6 Likes

“It’s amazing that we have been lured into this argument that we’re not racists. It’s absurd,” said Colorado Republican Chairman Jeff Hays. “Why would we feel compelled to do that?”

“The president was not wrong to point out what the media has failed to point out,” that counter-protesters also “came for a battle” in Charlottesville, Pennsylvania Republican Chairman Val DiGiorgio said.

DiGiorgio was standing by the “many sides” comment Trump immediately made after the clash in Virginia, in which a car was driven into a crowd of counter-protesters, killing a woman. The president had been criticized harshly by both Republicans and Democrats because he didn’t immediately denounce the white nationalist groups in Charlottesville.

Asked and answered. Next!

5 Likes

Why bother with the resolution? Your actions speak louder than words.

5 Likes

You can say that again.

3 Likes

This article could just as easily (and objectively) be titled, “RNC To Pass Hypocritical, Misleading Resolution On Race.”

But I suppose that wouldn’t be news.

3 Likes

That’s why. They’re trying to obscure their actions with gaslighting.

3 Likes

Did they ever formally condemn sexual assault, back last fall? Seems like another thing you’d want to be clear with your messaging on.

1 Like

But if they pass this resolution, the GOP would have to disband!

2 Likes

“It’s amazing that we have been lured into this argument that we’re not racists. It’s absurd,” said Colorado Republican Chairman Jeff Hays. “Why would we feel compelled to do that?” As he leaves to go chair a meeting on restricting voter rights,

4 Likes

And back on Nov 8th they thought they hit a Grand Salami. How things change. The Idiot in Charge turned out to be more of an idiot then they ever bargained for.

RNC Gears Up For Vote On Resolution Condemning Themselves

Fixed it.

2 Likes

Take the skinheads bowling. Take them bowling.

1 Like

There is a problem inherent in white supremacy and the politics around it - it allows all of these racists to stand on the “same” side as decent people and say “we condemn these REAL racists”. As horrible as white supremacists are, they feel like a huge distraction to me. They are not the ones gerrymandering and suppressing POC totally out of the democratic process and policy making in America.

3 Likes

But there are some good people who are white supremacists. My president told me so.

2 Likes

Please proceed. The RNC is going to take an official vote, and some substantial number of members is going to vote against condemmingly white supremacy. I know it’s just consolidating the demographic trend, but over the long term this is the kind of thing that will destroy them.

2 Likes