Discussion: Rick Santorum: Gay Marriage Hurts The Economy

Discussion for article #224160

What a load of claptrap.

18 Likes

Well, when it’s Santorum it must be truthy…and frothy.

24 Likes

Derp derp derp derp…

3 Likes

“When we continue to see a decline in marriage and a redefinition of marriage, you get less marriage,” he said. “You get families that aren’t as strong, and as a result, society generally, the economy suffers.”

With the lack of logic like that, I’m afraid to Google “Santorum” and “economics.”

13 Likes

There is zero evidence that marriage equality has any affect whatsoever on the national economy as a whole.

For individual states that have instituted equal marriage rights, it has benefited the economy, slightly.

5 Likes

Hmmm, it kind of seems like Santorum is actually making an argument in favor of gay marriage. It’s not about romance, it’s about unity of the family and the birthrights of children. Isn’t it bad for the economy to deny some families unity and birthrights? Unless maybe Santorum is suggesting that the economy has a bias against certain types of families?

4 Likes

Gay marriage also causes crop failures. Very bad!

25 Likes

Santorum should be required to attach a content label to all statements that he makes - and in the case -
The Content Label should note:
“absolutely NO FACTS were employed in the construction of this yarn - contents are entirely composed of bullshit”

11 Likes

These people are on the ropes, so they have to come up with something… anything…

3 Likes

…and sunspots which create radio interference …

1 Like

Yes…I just don’t want to even know that there is a market for frothy mixtures.

Add Economics to the list of things the right wing doesn’t believe in so we just make up our own conclusions.

5 Likes

You’re really slipping there Ricky…that was about the weakest word-scramble yet from you. Do please try harder.

I realize you won’t ever make any actual sense…but your nonsense should at least be better constructed than this.

3 Likes

And hurricanes, tornados, floods, locusts and worst of all disgusting bigotry.

2 Likes

I suspect there are quite a few florists, photographers,caterers, wedding planners, etc. that might seriously disagree with lil ricky about the economic impact of increasing the size of their markets.

5 Likes

Reality has never been Frothy Mix’s forte.

Idiot.

2 Likes

Trying to convert your personal bigotry to an economic argument may be the stupidest thing you have done yet. I can’t be sure though your list of stupid is too voluminous for me to analyze.

3 Likes

Plus gay homeowners don’t keep their lawn mower blade sharp and the grass looks all ragged and that brings the neighborhood values down …

just curious - is Santorum still smoking massive amounts of dope?

7 Likes