Discussion: Republicans Commandeer Hearing On Russian Meddling To Rail Against Leaks

Or even worse, that he lied to Pence about it. As if that were the problem. Infuriating!

1 Like

Why didn’t Howdy Gowdy show any concerns about all the Benghazi leaks out of HIS COMMITTEE ??
Gowdy is a complete Rectum !

2 Likes

What about Comey?

1 Like

All the GOPers are accomplishing though their pathetic, transparent attempts at distraction is making it even more obvious that the Trump team is guilty as sin.

2 Likes

Finally had time to watch it all. Schiff’s words should strike fear into the hearts of Trump and his associates. There is a burning structure shaping up beneath all that smoke, but I don’t have my hopes up yet.

3 Likes

The GOP members tried hard to make the hearing all about leaks, but the media, for the most part, did not follow their lead. The big news is the FBI investigations.

2 Likes

We can all sleep easy tonight - Ivanka has a security clearance now.
yay

1 Like

Get your hopes up @thebishop

2 Likes

And demonstrating that they are all co-conspirators.

I have never liked the whole nickname thing for politicians. So I liked “Charles E. Schumer” better than “Chuck.” And I liked “Charles E. Grassley, rather than (again)” Chuck," because I’m not on nickname basis with Senator Death Panels.

Which brings me to “Trey” Gowdy. Let’s not pretend that we’re buds, okay. If you insist on first names, I’d just as soon use your given name, which is Harold.

Learn some humility and stop lying, Harold.

1 Like

Thanks! She definitely knows MUCH more than any of us. I’d like to have some idea what she found out from Comey in private last Friday. Anyway, yes, the game is afoot…

Also, with humor comes hope

2 Likes

Thanks, @chelsea530 Hadn’t realized there’s substantially more to that story! Verrrry interesting.

1 Like

Richard Nixon obsessed about the leaks, cementing the idea forever that the cover-up is worse than the crime, and we know how that ended. Apparently the problem then, in the minds of these gentlemen, was that Nixon didn’t go on offense from the start. Never mind the crime, find and hang the leaker – how dare they reveal the wrongdoing!

1 Like

So how did the party of Abraham Lincoln become the party of Benedict Arnold?

1 Like

If you ask Americas if they are concerned about WH leaks or Russian meddling in our national election and how beholden is Donald Trump to Russia, the story about Russia is what the majority of the people are captivated by. The leaks are revealing Trump’s vulnerabilities and republicans genuine concern is that the leaks may lead to Trump being taken down before he signs off on their menu of tax cuts and the dismantling of our social safety net.

1 Like

With all the conflicts and entanglements that each of the Secretaries and special advisors brought to the White House, it’s just a matter of time before their personal conflicts of interest start conflicting with one another. I can hardly wait for Tillerson’s poker to land in DeVos’ fire, or perhaps one of Session’s thumbs snakes its way into the into the Conway’s pie, or some such. Then we’ll find out who the leakers are.

1 Like

They’re only leaking because the treasonous GOP is complicit and won’t protect this nation from enemies foreign or domestic. IOW, the leakers are actually fulfilling their oaths because these GOPutin scum refuse to fulfill theirs.

1 Like

Can’t get ‘em on treason, due to the courts’ interpretation of the term “enemy” in both Constitution and statute.

That said, I think that might well have been part of the thrust of several Dem Reps’ lines of questioning getting Comey and Rogers both on the record in defining Russia as “adversary” in no uncertain terms. (They did, however, steer clear of the term “enemy”.)

1 Like

In case you thought “Trey” Gowdy III was only obsessed in Committee Rooms, here’s a bill he introduced which passed the House, from his wiki:

On March 4, 2014, Gowdy introduced the ENFORCE the Law Act of 2014 (H.R. 4138; 113th Congress) into the House.[30] The bill *would give the United States House of Representatives and the United States Senate both the standing to sue the President of the United States in a federal district court to clarify a federal law (*that is, seek a declaratory judgment) in the event that the executive branch is not enforcing the law. House Republicans argued that the bill was necessary because the Obama Administration refused to enforce the laws. H.R. 4138 has passed the House but has yet to become law.

Gowdy (nè, Harold Watson Gowdy III, son of Harold Watson Gowdy, Jr., MD), in other words, proposed that the Republican House and Senate be allowed to sue Barrack Obama and/or his successors in federal court if he or she “refused to enforce the laws.” Gowdy would not need Judiciary Watch as a resource if Gowdy could sue Obama for not jailing Hillary Clinton.

The Supreme Court used to be housed in the Capitol. It’s a sumptuous, beautiful courtroom–unique. HR 4138 would have merged the Supreme Court into Congress, and out of existence.

He doesn’t care about the truth. He left a Prosecutor’s office to enter politics, unrestrained by requirements to tell the truth.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available