Discussion: 'Republicans Are People, Too!' New Campaign Wants To Remind America

no they aren’t.

• "We thought let’s get out there and show who Republicans really are: regular folks interested in making the world a better place.”*

they are either the 1%, or the wannabe 1%, seeking to strip everything they can get their hands on, from everyone else, and tell everyone else how to live their lives.

in other words, they’re scum.

6 Likes

The President is a NI(CLANG)ER #ImARepublican

17 Likes

#IWillNotBeStereotyped-IWillHaveCognitiveDissonanceAboutWhatTheGOPStandsFor

1 Like

Absolutely FTW

1 Like

Man, you know your brand is strong when your message is “We don’t really believe everything we say and do and legislate and propagandize!”

6 Likes

We, the white God-fearing citizens of Rock Ridge #ImARepublican

6 Likes

Lose your job? Got health problems? Can’t get healthcare insurance? Please drop dead quickly. #ImaRepublican

16 Likes

Republicans are people, Too! They recycle and drive hybrid pickup trucks. (with a confederate flag in the back window.)

3 Likes

I prattle on endlessly about the necessity for common citizens like me to own guns in case the government infringes upon the people’s rights, and then I vote for referenda that infringe upon people’s rights. #ImARepublican

19 Likes

Dude, PublisherMike has been around for a long time. A couple commenting systems ago he kept threatening to ban me - over the DeadBart thing I think.

He just doesn’t always have the fancy yellow highlighting.

1 Like

You can find the TPM TOS here.

Strange that you see me at the Political Wire, as I don’t visit that site. Perhaps it is someone else.

As far as what the commenting policy here is: the main requirement is to be civil, refrain from ad hominem attacks, hate speech or frivolous back and forth that adds nothing to the discussion. We do value all points of view here and as long as we can have a civil, reasonable discussion, all should be well.

However, we do not tolerate sock puppets and are actively engaged in removing them from the discussion.

6 Likes

“These people recycle. They have tattoos. They read the New York Times in public.”

And some of their best friends are black!

8 Likes

Deadbartgateghazi was before my time.

And for the record, I think it was an over-reaction.

“These people recycle” BROKEN IDEOLOGY.

“They have tattoos” OF THE CONFEDERATE FLAG.

“They read the New York Times in public” RESTROOMS.

“They drive hybrid cars” OVER THE POOR, HOMELESS VETERANS AND MINORITIES.

“They use Apple products” TO TWEET RACIST AND SEXIST SCREEDS.

“They have feelings” OF ANGER AND FEAR OVER DIMINISHING WHITE SUPREMACY AS A RESULT OF DEMOGRAPHIC SHIFTS.

“It’s become socially acceptable to talk about Republicans in the most evil terms possible and that doesn’t seem right,”

It’s become socially acceptable for Republicans to talk about the POTUS, his wife, Democrats, the poor, minorities, Muslims, immigrants, refugees, Mexicans, the homeless, etc., in the most evil terms possible and the MSM helps make it seem right.

FIFY

36 Likes

You win!

If you have to tell other people that you’re just like them, you’re not just like them because you wouldn’t have to point it out in the first place.

8 Likes

The pain never fades.

2 Likes

I don’t know, you could just consider it refreshing that the Republicans are finding themselves some white tokens!

I believe all Muslims are suspicious and should be rounded up into internment camps. #ImARepublican*

*and I was on Fox News last weekend broadcasting my opinions to the nation unchallenged: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/cafe/fox-news-panelist-defends-muslim-profiling-with-wwii-japanese-camps

8 Likes

Corporate welfare: Good. Human welfare: Bad. #ImARepublican

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available