Discussion: Republicans Are Living Up To Their Own Anti-Obamacare Attacks

2 Likes

Never missing an opportunity to be as hypocritical as language allows.

5 Likes

Textbook projection on the part of the Republican political class.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, meth destroys the part of the brain associated with menory, so most Republican voter’s suffer from CRS.

(can’t remember shit)

3 Likes

Josh makes a good point: Dems should be saying “death panels” - that is, using the exact phrase. They try but they just cannot go low enough when they really need to. Who the hell is it going to offend right now?

6 Likes

Of course: hypocrisy and projection. Too bad you can’t combine those two words into a catchy new term, like with analyst and therapist.

4 Likes

It’s what they DO. None of this should come as a surprise.

6 Likes

Finally on one of the shows last night, I think it was on Chris Hayes, Steve Schmidt said, “You don’t take away entitlements”. Sessions wants to do the same thing over at Justice - put the cannabis genie back in the bottle. Not gonna happen, but I am sure it will get really ugly.

6 Likes

The Democratic Party and the media are responsible for letting this situation get this far. Both have done a poor job in informing (and warning) the American public about the effects of this repeal and replace plan of the GOP. Too much attention has been on the procedural tactics of the Senate Republicans, not the substance of this legislation. I don’t think the Democratic Party has had to wait for the bill before it criticizes it. I think it’s pretty obvious what this bill will do to most Americans and their healthcare. Republicans has no problem with the truth and the absence of substance when they attacked the ACA. Armed with the truth and simple straightforward answers they would reach the public. Instead, they retreat behind legalize explanations and carefully thought out positions. Meanwhile, as Dems try to figure out who they are and what they stand for, Senate Republicans are taking this country over a cliff. - Frustrated!

1 Like

Let’s review Trump’s promises, shall we? The press sure should.

1 Like

Hold on now. I believe we are all missing the basic over arching point about all this, and that is:

The Republicans are Evil and must be Destroyed!

2 Likes

Well, Chuck Todd and Chris Cillizza, to name two.

3 Likes

YoHo YoHo, a Pirate’s life for me !

1 Like

ROFLMAO!

O yeah the party out of power is responsible for everything just like it was when it was in power.

And you know - you left out Thanks Obama.

7 Likes

… of his fucking mind.

4 Likes

The whole exercise is just another piece of proof that “It’s OK if you’re Republican.”

3 Likes

hahahahahahahahahaha That’s perfect.

2 Likes

Given that the Republicans are attempting to pass this bill via reconciliation, which only requires 51 votes, are they even going to allow the Democrats to attend when the bill comes up for a vote?

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they just voted without them even being present. Then they never get to see the bill at all.

1 Like

Three things:

1. The media is largely controlled and owned by Republican interests.
  2. For the Democrats to get the message out, they’d need access to the media.
  3. See 1 above.
3 Likes

Also how are Democrats suppose to inform the public on the details of the legislation when Republicans are keeping all the details secret within their party?

1 Like