Discussion: Reports: Trump Chooses Jeff Sessions To Be Attorney General Nominee

It’s becoming apparent that Trump is limited in his choices for positions within his administration to almost exclusively the same group of surrogates, hangers-on and campaign personalities we’ve all seen in his company over the last 18 months. Sessions, Bannon, Giuliani, Conway, Flynn, Priebus. You don’t even hear names of outsiders. People wanting to work for Trump have to have earned the same familiarity and comfort status with him as his bed in Trump Tower, his estate at Mar-a-Lago, his private jet, his KFC. I fail to see any outside-the-box, reach out for others, expand the talent pool moves. Any at all.

11 Likes

How soon til this:

28 Likes

So he was deemed too racist to be a judge. But Drumpf deems him fit to be the head law officer of the country.

I truly hope the Democrats destroy this nomination. I hope they rise up and filibuster any other Drumpf judicial nominations to death

Its time for payback.

15 Likes

Well the police in Ferguson will be thrilled.

12 Likes

nothing says ‘white nationalist’ like nominating a well known racist to run the civil rights division of the Dept of Justice…

21 Likes

Nothing says white privelege quite like the name Jefferson Beauregard

23 Likes

Sessions is a Racists,Bannon is a Racist racists,Trump is a Racists do they really believe they own this country? They believe they can create a white supremists society and we will all say yas suh? they are going to need more than they got.
This is a National disgrace. Citizens need to resist and protest in massive numbers

10 Likes

Trump: I wanted Bannon to be my AG but Sessions can be groomed as he is already a racist.

6 Likes

We’re about to see whether we still have three separate branches of government.

11 Likes

…and it looks like Koch-funded Pompeo at CIA.

Old swamp, meet new swamp.

13 Likes

Politico is reporting Mike Pompeo for CIA Director. Crazy Train rider:

3 Likes

We’re going to see very quickly if the Democrats in the Senate are the allies of us and the American people, or if they are not. I will be watching.

11 Likes

There is one branch of government now. The GOP. Congress and the Executive have been merged, SCOTUS in the wings.

8 Likes

Oh good, now we will have an AG with “Southern Gentility.”

Just like the election, it is totally not about race.

3 Likes

If he was too racist by 1986 standards, he is sure as hell too racist by 2016 standards. This will be an important early test for the Democratic minority and the Republican majority.

9 Likes

Jeff Sessions: Failing upward since 1986.

12 Likes

Racist fer sure, but is he better choice than than Giuliani or Christie? Just shoot me now.

2 Likes

This is absolute and utter vileness that such a pathetic scoundrel could be anywhere in the line of succession to the presidency.

7 Likes

God. Almighty! Help us!