Discussion: Reporter Reviewed WH Memo That Allegedly Implicates Trump In Obstruction

2 Likes

Is this the smoking gun?

15 Likes

I’m glad to read this today… if it would have been published tomorrow I would have missed it as (in the catholic tradition of no meat Friday) tomorrow would be No Trump Wednesday!

More seriously as stuff starts piling up will anyone have the courage, as top R’s did with Nixon, to step up and tell Trump the gig is up?

35 Likes

Setting aside how odd it would be for Trump to ask the FBI director to end a probe that he didn’t think was happening

No, let’s not set that aside just yet. First let’s savor it!

47 Likes

I’m old enough that I watched the Watergate hearings when they happened. It’s impossible to imagine today’s republicans doing anything remotely as honorable as the Watergate Committee that included Lowell Weicker and Howard Baker. The GOP is so corrupt, so willing to ignore the Constitution, that it will forever more be impossible to impeach/convict a republican president with a GOP majority.

39 Likes

Only if the Democrats take at least one House, maybe two, in November. Anything less and it won’t happen and even then it may not happen. It was an entirely different Republican party then. It is possible - I don’t know the odds - that if after the Dems clean their clocks in the fall, that some (probably only some, too) Repubs will abandon ship if only to save their own skins.

21 Likes

I can’t imagine it, either.

12 Likes

First of many would be my guess. Donald’s never left anything unobstructed if it gets more stuff for himself in his life.

15 Likes

Can’t address that, but I can say that Murray Waas, the reporter, has been around the block a few times.

11 Likes

If I read a report that in the course of some action, event or statement Trump had not lied, then that would be news. The safe default assumption when anything relating to Trump is being discussed is he lied. Every time, about everything.

26 Likes

We’re watching in real time the downfall of our executive and legislative branches of government. The judicial branch is hanging by a thread, but I’m not at all optimistic.

20 Likes

Trump In obstruction, and I am sure not for the last time.

5 Likes

All I can say is womp womp…

36 Likes

At this point a headlong descent into anything other than utter chaos and anarchy would disappoint me. I’m mentally prepared for it, just get it over with.

8 Likes

Reporter Murray Waas said that he reviewed a White House memo that “explicitly states that…"

These details flatly contradict the case that Trump’s personal legal team has made in denying the obstruction of justice allegations.

No surprise at all. Trump et. al., have been actively obstructing since before the election. They have exceedingly brazen about it, essentially daring someone, anyone to stop them. It is well past time to do that.

22 Likes

Daring Republicans to stop them. As it is only the Congress that can do anything, and they are in the majority.

8 Likes

7 Likes

and so implicated in the greatest Russian espionage operation in the United States since the early days of the cold war…

Republicans are certainly corrupt and care nothing for the Constitution, but they also appear to be covering their collective assess in hopes of avoiding time as cellmates with the rest of the Trump/Russo treason team. Russia hacked the RNC too and never revealed what they found to their information dissemination arm at Wikileaks, but you can bet the implicated Republicans know what they have. (To paraphrase Paul Ryan - “it’s family business”.)To speculate wildly, what if the kompromat is evidence of Republican party directed/funded alteration of voter rolls or vote counts in, oh, let’s just say PA, OH, WI and FL. The Republicans are such active voter suppressors, this does not seem all that unlikely. More like the logical next step. Nothing seems impossible or too far fetched any more. We were through the looking glass on the morning of November 9, 2016. And there we remain.

22 Likes

There’s a quaint observation. The Constitution. Trump has copies of that on a roll in his bathroom.

7 Likes

All of this was what? 18 months ago?

I imagine Mueller has known these details since he was put on the case.

14 Likes