Discussion: Report: Trump Pledges To Campaign For Midterms As GOPers Fear Tough Fight

Cole is a knee-jerk wingnut—but he’s held up by the cable media as a “moderate conservative,” despite the fact that his voting history is far, far to the right.

2 Likes

No doubt. I just find it funny to hear quotes from these nuts in the passive voice, as if these circumstances “just happened” without any input from their own fringey voting.

3 Likes

Republicans represent about 16% to 18% of the American public. That’s not a winning percentage.

While that has been historically true, it’s not carved in stone. This year, the GOP is demoralized and split. Democrats are revved up and united.

There is no evidence to support such a trite and tired bit of conventional wisdom.

In other news, water stays wet.

What fatuous twaddle. Dems are positioned to do very well in the Senate races.

Bullshit, and it stinks on ice. The House is going to turn blue, and by a decent margin. Historically speaking, when the polling for the generic congressional ballot is like it is now and the president’s approval ratings are underwater, the opposition party gains between 30 and 60 seats. We only need 24 to turn the House blue.

Voter suppression is very real—and can be overcome by a superior GOTV and registration campaign by Democrats. And that is what is happening on the ground in many states already.

Why you insist on sounding like Eeyore is beyond me. Maybe it’s an issue for other disgruntled BernieBrats, too.
But you’re wrong, and attitudes and defeatism like yours are the biggest problems the Dems face.

1 Like

brilliant!

Brylcream, a little dab 'll do ya…

1 Like

must be his Hogwaller blood

Please… Proceed.

1 Like

Then even though they’re 16% to 18% gerrymandering must be why they have the control they do. And that 16% votes
I think the trump base is more like a very solid unshakable uneducated dumb as a brick 33%

2 Likes

33% of voters = 16% of the population.

Trump is a minority president, and nothing will change that.

He doesn’t have enough support to win again. Nor will he have.

(Lays head on desk)
Oh Pleeese let it be so…

I hope his “coattails” set whatever district he decides to campaign for on fire and that GOPer pol looses bigly.

At this point, Trump has negative coattails.

1 Like

Apparently 39.2% of folks approve of his job performance. I am amazed it’s that high.

I hasten to add I do not trust polls after what happened in Nov. 2016

I think you are onto something, sir. When companies continue to ship (low-skill) manufacturing jobs overseas, and when the wall doesn’t get built (and Mexico isn’t paying for it), I think even MAGA nation will turn their backs on the Trump Show. Now, the hard core racists, xenophobes, and white nationalist yokels will follow Trump like lemmings, but if you’re job keeps disappearing (not to mention your kids’ healthcare), you’ll figure out Don The Con is someone not with listening to anymore.

1 Like

It’s really about 32% to 34%----RCP averages in a couple of seriously right-wing polls to get that higher-than-reality number.

Remember how dumb the average American is—and that half of them are dumber than that.

2 Likes

I hope you’re not in charge of that aforementioned Democratic Unity.

Neither are you, Cupcake.

1 Like

Yep. Keep the insults rolling. I’ll burst into tears any minute now…

And this is from one of the people who helped turn Sarah Palin from a benign provincial obscurity into a malignant national brain cancer.

4 Likes

I can see I’m late to the party, but there’s a thing that needs to be said here:

THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS!!! FOR REPUBLICANS!!!

1 Like

Love me some George Carlin.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available