Discussion: Report: Pence Didn't Know About Flynn's Sanctions Talk Until Days After Trump

It makes perfect sense to me that they didn’t tell Pence. Pence really is not important to Trump. The VP position is important but Pence is just a placeholder; a photo op prop. Trump/Bannon & Miller (formerly Flynn) are focused on the grand and omnipotent power of the President and see Pence as a way to harness the Rs in the congress to bend to Trump’s will.

But, until just this week it is doubtful that Pence knew just how unimportant he was in the grand scheme of things. Now he knows.

1 Like

Yes!!. Or at least get them all on our team!!!

The real finger points to Trump, based on the facts, no? I am SURE it is nothing more than a horrible mixup, but the facts inconveniently suggest that Trump and Flynn kept Pence in the dark to deliberately conceal their role in willful illegal contacts intended to be relied upon, and malicious misrepresentation. (And the conspiracy to conceal was unsuccessful).

News that is breaking suggests that the entire campaign knew- and that many of them were in contact with Russian agents-get your popcorn.

3 Likes

“I just want to kill The Gays in Jesus’s name.”

Still does! As President!

Hmm—Dave, Dave. Great idea!

2 Likes

And now we hear, in breaking news, that there were a lot of OTHER contacts bewtween the Trumpies and Russian intelligence. In other words, these latest fairy tales from the WH are just more lies, lies by omission, and cover-up lies. They’re liars, criminals, and traitors.

Could be true but I am not buying this tidbit that absolves Pence of his responsibility. He has been a long time liar. He had no problem sucking up to Trump, even though Trump is cocooned with Putin.

Back when I temped, the shift boss came over and told us all the job was done.
Then caught me alone and told me to come in next week; the other guys weren’t “working out” and I was.
So I guess it’s Mattis and who else next week?

Getting the impression that whole “Pretend it’s a long episode of the Celebrity Apprentice” thingie isn’t working out for President Trump quite the way he hoped. Chaos on the small screen is different than around the most powerful position in the real world, who knew? Is President Bannon calling the shots on internal communications and who gets to know what?

They’re all from the don’t worry be happy crowd, until they’re not.

Well, now we know who the “Designated Survivor” is going to be when trumpfs fantasy comes crumbling down. lol

Sources posting at Rogue Potus say that KAC will be out some time Wednesday AM.

Remember “he was my first choice for VP” ?

And the “Most powerful VP in history” ? ( That is, if he can get rid of Bannon/Miller)

I am astonished, if Mike Pence by now hasn’t realized, he was taken for a ride… I still think it is possible that Chris Christie will be VP in a short time…Donald likes to have fat men (fatter than him) around him.

1 Like

I think they will try, yes.

Maybe not…but they will be controlling any impeachment process and are controlling the Congressional investigative process. That will definitely be a big impact upon where the story goes and how it gets there.

Remember, impeachment is a political process, not a legal one.

What we are seeing now with the GOP stonewalling or slow walking any Congressional investigations into all of this is very similar to the old lawyer adage…Dont ask any question of a witness on the stand, if you don’t already know the answer. The GOP doesn’t know where this will end up, or how many people are going to be named and involved. Until they have a handle on that, they are going to continue to resist as long as they can.

But they are realizing that this story is going to continue and will drag people down regardless of their efforts. So right now, they are wanting to try and protect the VP. Which to me is a tell that they expect this story will ultimately take down Trump.

I’m calling BullShit on Little Mikeee Pence

1 Like

I guess Mr. Vice is getting his comeup-pence.

Wait What? Pence is supposedly the guy who attends Daily Briefings because they are too boring for Donald and yet somehow this never filtered down to him that Flynn was talking to Russia about ignoring the sanctions. This is really starting to smell very very bad.

1 Like

I’m Surprised Ryan isn’t pushing to lock both down. Getting Pense to resign and then impeaching Trump puts Ryan in the White House. I don’t know how likely/possibly it is to take down both Pres and VP but, I can’t imagine Ryan’s NOT thinking about how close he is to his dream.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available