Discussion: Report: Ex-Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore To Drop Out Of 2016 GOP Race

Discussion for article #245961

17 Likes

Gosh, we’ll all miss him so much.

4 Likes

The only way he can get coverage is by announcing he’s dropping out?

13 Likes

The only person who cares about this story is Jim Gilmore.

7 Likes

Who’s that?

9 Likes

NO! I think your turn in the barrel is coming up after the next debate. Not that you’d be invited but I’m thinking after the next debate there will be many wanting to look at someone not on the stage.

2 Likes

Gilmore: My performance improved over 1000% in NH over Iowa, first in history. I however want to unite and support the great billionaire as our nominee.

4 Likes

Not even Mrs. Gilmore the mother and Mrs. Gilmore the wife.

2 Likes

OMG, I thought he dropped out months ago.

Did this guy even make the undercard debates?

1 Like

I’m not even joking or being a dick when I say I had no clue this dude was running.

7 Likes

I know, I actually had to check this http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/2016-presidential-candidates.html?ref=politics
just to check :smile:

Who?

EDIT:

Sorry Boidster did it better up top and I missed it.

1 Like

He was in the race?

1 Like

Why now? Why ever drop out of the race, really?

Gilmore was kind of interesting, in that he personally defined the boundary between “genuine” candidates who never stood a chance (Santorum, Pataki, etc.) and “fringe” candidates like Jimmy “The Rent Is Too Damn High” McMillan. Somehow he always counted for purposes of saying “there are now ___ Republican candidates in the race” even when he wasn’t invited to the undercard debates.

It’d probably make a pretty interesting sociology paper to figure out how everyone agreed that he kinda, sorta, technically counted as a “real” candidate, even though everyone agreed he’d be less than statistical noise in terms of his impact on the race.

3 Likes

We should have a dead pool. Winner is the person who manages to make the post number that corresponds to his total number of votes in Iowa and New Hampshire.

Oh lucky me! I win.

1 Like

Finally!

I wondered why he got into the race in the first place.

3 Likes

He should have embraced some sensible ideas, like deporting all Democrats to Sweden or shooting everyone who speaks fluent Spanish. That would have been the way to get traction in this field.

5 Likes