Discussion: Report: Bernie Sanders Records Video Announcing 2020 Presidential Bid

2 Likes

Oh God. Give it up Bernie.

73 Likes

Oy gevalt!

You should be at home yelling at kids to get off your lawn, old man.

34 Likes

As an independent? His website has an I after his name and before Vermont

26 Likes

No CisHetWhiteMen for the next five generations!

Also his base is the second worst.

13 Likes

Is he going to write a new speech?

13 Likes

New rule - you have to be a member in good standing of a party to run as candidate for that party…

54 Likes

I am disappointed but not surprised. It seems almost impossible for any dedicated longtime politician to make way for a new generation.

16 Likes

Pray NOT as an independent. That could absolutely assure a Trump reelection by splitting the progressive and left-of center vote.

If Bernie wants to join the crowd of candidates for the Democratic nomination, so be it. He will add to the debate, but I doubt that he will succeed. The field has a lot of good, progressive talent, most of whom also share youth.

22 Likes

Worst news I have heard this year.

27 Likes

Similarly, this popped up in my social media the other day.

1 Like

NO, please.

15 Likes

Boo.

17 Likes

Who?

9 Likes

I can already see a vast amount of the people who were screaming about how Nancy Pelosi was a decrepit old fogey who needed to be replaced by someone young and vibrant and dynamic saying that BERNIE IS THE WAY! Such youth! Such vibrancy! Such dynamism! And a wife who uses Republican talking points against a fellow Democratic candidate, too!

41 Likes

… And there was much rejoicing

6 Likes

Gee, I haven’t been this excited since they announced they were making another sequel to “Fifty Shades Of Grey”.
Someone calm me down before I soil my panties.

21 Likes

I have a feeling this won’t go well for him.

24 Likes

He has a perpective that can’t hurt the debate. We have to be enraged and engaged. He helps that.

3 Likes

A person wishing to Save this Republic would

• go through the same processes that Booker, Klobuchar, Harris, Gillibrand, Warren et al have

• VIGOROUSLY support the Democratic Nominee should he/she lose the Nomination

That is WHY, when Booker and Harris and Klobuchar joined the race, there was mild curiosity, coupled with various types of interest… there were not the sorts of swoons I now see on this thread

Which tells me that this man is a Zealot and Spoiler until he shows otherwise

44 Likes