Discussion: Repeal-And-Delay Goes Down In Flames In The Senate, With More Votes To Come

4 Likes

Wait, so Graham & McCain both switched? Graham was against BCRA last night while McCain voted for. But “repeal and delay” gets a yes vote from Graham but a no from McCain?

7 Likes

“…it punts it until 2020”

“…it punts it until the Psychotic Orange Gasbag is removed from office and we have the Fascist Q-Tip we know from his Senate days.”

FIFY.

13 Likes

Related news, Sen. Jeff Merkley just filed 100 amendments to the “skinny repeal”.

Jam the fuckers up.

49 Likes

they’re all just fucking with us now. None of these votes mean anything. The final one will squeak through, though.

7 Likes

“…it’s less important what’s in that bill and more important to just pass anything…”

In the old days we would have called this “dereliction of duty”.

33 Likes

Ballet partners usually choreograph their moves.

And I must say their matching pointe slippers are fab.

9 Likes

Are the Republicans embarrassed yet? Are their faces red? Are they hanging their heads in shame?

They certainly should be.

21 Likes

“Corker told reporters Wednesday that it’s less important what’s in that bill and more important to just pass anything out of the Senate…”

Well, that certainly sounds like a well thought-out and humane strategy for dealing with the health insurance issue.

43 Likes

Hell, 18 million, 23 million, 30 million, 75% of the country without health care. Doesn’t matter! We need to pass ANYTHING!!!
Given this is their thinking, why not pass "Single Payer?! You know it would pass. gop would have passed a health care bill!

27 Likes

No, no, no and agreed.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Jeff flake is my senator and he needs to go. We know now that all his ‘moderate’ posturing is fake and he will sell his constituents down the river if it gets him all the dark money. Disgusting!

13 Likes

The old ’ we don’t have anything better but let’s get rid of this thing that’s working but needs some improvement’ move. I think I’ve seen this act before. Last night. Last year. The year before. The year before that and so on and so on…

11 Likes

Keep 'em coming down in flames!

6 Likes

For God’s sake just go on recess, Republicans.

Enough.

9 Likes

The Repubs don’t “do” being embarrassed or feeling shame because, hey, they are Repubs.

3 Likes

“People will vote on it not necessarily because of its content but because it’s a forcing mechanism for two sides of the bill to try to solve it together,” he said. “That’s the way people will be looking at it. They won’t necessarily be looking at the subject matter.”

My God!

14 Likes

Donnelly amendment to restore Medicaid funding went down on party lines.

The Senate is now debating an amendment to restore funding to allow people with disabilities to stay out of institutions.

5 Likes

You’d better pass that Slimfast Repeal or else someone will snatch a knot in your ass!!!

1 Like