Discussion: Rep. Charlie Dent Announces He Will Leave Congress In 'Coming Weeks'

1 Like

They’re running out of dust to bite.

57 Likes

:joy:

15 Likes

Just can’t wait to get those fat paychecks huh Charlie?
Ka ching!

8 Likes

Good. Hope Femocrats have a solid candidate to field in this race.

7 Likes

Jeez at this rate we don’t even have to win - we just walk in to an empty chamber and take over. (exaggeration I know)

35 Likes

Nothing at all wrong here…

42 Likes

Teabaggers are cheering because they’ve forced “Commie Charlie” out…

6 Likes

Got a wingnut welfare job, did he?

3 Likes

No, it’s gotta be deeper than “Trump drags us down”–if that were only reason, he’d serve out end of term. Probably hoping the seat can be held open until Nov so some other luckless GOP-wannabe tries his (surely it’ll be “his”) brain-dead luck.

5 Likes

I object to characterizing this as: “Rats leaving a sinking ship.” For one thing, while rats do have a poor reputation, (that whole plague thing is hard to live down), and are frequently looked down upon, ridiculed, and vilified, comparing them to the Republicans in the House and Senate may be a little too harsh, they didn’t choose to be rats, after all. And for another, when the rats leave the sinking ship, they are doing so merely out of a common-sense notion of self-preservation… it’s not as if the proverbial rats, themselves, had scuttled the ship, as is clearly the case with our Republicans.

66 Likes

I thought Madame Hamhock said that there weren’t going to be any Repug retirements. They are knocking each other down trying to get out the door. He is proud to have served his constituents but he will leave them without representation until Jan 2019. Boy, that’s gratitude for you.

16 Likes

Baring extraordinary circumstances, I don’t understand not finishing out a term, especially when resigning leaves constituents without representation for a period of time.

22 Likes

To quote an old punchline…
“And unlike lawyers, there are some things even rats won’t do to each other!”
:sunglasses:

6 Likes
He announced in September 2017 that he would not seek reelection,
   but initially intended to serve out his current term. 

It may cause one to wonder … if … maybe …

somebody got a look into somebody’s closet ? ? …

someone recently seize a trove of info … as evidence ? ? …

just saying … ya just never know what you’ll find when ya look in the pics file —

Ahh … just coincidence … I’m sure … :smirk:

18 Likes

Is Dent leaving because he thinks that will stop the no-knock warrant?

13 Likes

So, will there be yet another special election, or is he leaving his constituents unrepresented for the next 8 months?

9 Likes

What i dont like is the gop is hanging all their problems around trumps neck, The gop as a party made the political environment so toxic trump just happen to come along and take advantage of it. Im just sick of hearing republicans and some in the msm make this all about trump, this is a gop problem that started long before trump came along. They are just using him as a scapegoat for their problems, if trump were smart which is he is not he would call the gop out on their bs against him.

44 Likes

yeah something is definitely off here he could have just coasted the rest of the way

11 Likes

Dent is one of the most seemingly sane Republicans in Congress. He was an early Never Trumper who never flipped. I would be genuinely surprised if he got caught up in any of PP’s scandals. Honestly, I’d be surprised if he’s involved in any sort of personal scandal of his own. I’m not defending him, but I do think there’s got to be another reason he’s getting out now.

23 Likes