Discussion: Recording Of Sound Tied To Diplomat Attacks In Cuba Adds More Mystery

Sorry you suffer from tinnitus, I didn’t get through the sixties without my share, too. But think about it? Have your ears been a safe harbor for mice? Do you notice no rats or moles around your ear drums?
Perhaps it works!!

2 Likes

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I love it.

2 Likes

Russia, Cuba, rogue elements within Cuba, some terrorist group, all these are scary scenarios, but perhaps the scariest scenario is that this is being done by rogue elements within the U.S. military and/or intelligence agencies – hard-liners opposed to U.S. - Cuba rapprochement from our end.

Of course this would be treason of the most serious kind, and incredibly risky. But history is replete with traitors who were confident enough they would never get caught, until they were…along with an unknowable number of traitors who never did get caught.

My guess would still be Russia and/or rogue elements within Cuba. Which is bad enough. But I’d actually feel a bit better if that proved to be the case. Because at least we’d know it wasn’t treason.

5 Likes

I couldn’t listen to it. The first, extremely high-pitch, tone was so painful at any volume that I had to turn it off.

Weird. A full minute after I turned it off, I can still hear it and there’s a sort of echo-like effect in my head. I presume this was safe to listen to, but even this safe version had some odd effects on me.

1 Like

Has anybody checked the tensioner-pulley on the dryer in the embassy basement? Wouldn’t that be embarrassing.

12 Likes

Not if you read squirreltown, hehehee

1 Like

Obligatory link to Kate Bush - Experiment IV - https://youtu.be/NTUcoR8_pyE

1 Like

It sounds like you have pretty “young” ears. Tell me if you can hear this. I can’t. (re-built ears)

1 Like

Adding to the discomfort is that the acoustic recordings inevitably link to a Rick Astley video no matter what you do. “It’s driving everybody crazy here, we can’t avoid it!” said a frustrated diplomat. “He said he’s never going to leave us, and we’re freaked!”

3 Likes

I can’t believe I could hear that given how crappy my hearing has become.

Now the CIA is making this not-too surprising claim regarding the safety of embassy personnel.

7 Likes

That sounds just like a turbo encabulator in need of a tune up with the six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft allowing side fumbling and the main winding, of the normal lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-bovoid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a nonreversible tremie pipe to the differential girdlespring on the “up” end of the grammeters, causing a cricket-like whine.

Happens all the time.

5 Likes

We had one that seemed to work pretty well for raccoons that would break into our attic. Unfortunately cats could hear it too.

2 Likes

Yes, strobes are really the best thing for attics.

Yeah, I was going to say, I had this car back in the eighties…

1 Like

I do indeed have some moles near my ears, but my dermatologist says not to worry.

2 Likes

It sounds like the tinnitus I get every time I eat General Tso’s Chicken.

1 Like

Or Rush Limbaugh.

1 Like

Go to Taskrabbit.com and you’ll find someone to fix that for ya.

1 Like

To me it sounds like what happens when high intensity ultrasound demodulates against physical objects. In effect, objects can act like AM receivers to the ultrasound, making audible sounds when they do.

2 Likes

Is the pitch changed by the frequency or the size of the object?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available