Discussion: READ: Pelosi's Latest Mueller Talking Points for House Dems

W Saletan does one of the better analysis I have seen. A bit wordy, but that is where we are with AG Barr- deciphering word structures for (legal) context. No collusion with Russian government vs. actual Russians was explained well.

It shows that collusion and obstruction were defined to exclude what he did.

9 Likes

What’s wrong with them is that they’re shallow conformists who got their jobs because they have good social skills and tell people what they want to hear. People who speak Truth to Power also do that to their bosses, while their conformist coworkers suck up and get the better jobs. Plus, it really does help for reporters to be friendly talkers, since it’s hard for anti-social cranks to get good interviews.

But this is why we need TPM more than ever, because the Pod People took over the media in the late 80’s and we’re still dealing with it. These people like liberal policies in theory, but like Republicans personally because they were hatched from the same pod and think alike.

4 Likes

It’s a good point.

3 Likes

The funniest thing about the mainstream media lightweights is how amazed they get every time Republicans fool them. They’ll talk beforehand how the magician will do the trick, describe exactly how the trick works while it’s happening, and then gush breathlessly that the magician pulled it off just like they predicted.

And it’s like…ok guys. You’re the only ones who got fooled. That’s not a magic trick. You’re just idiots.

4 Likes

Hakeem Jeffries just absolutely rocked it on NPR. The moderator brought up that some GOPers are demanding Adam Schiff resign as head of the Intelligence Committee (!!!) and he said they had some nerve after Devin Nunes “acting as a stooge” for two years and that the American people had voted in 2018 for oversight of this administration and against its “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous” excesses. The host was so taken aback, it was delicious.

14 Likes

I think Frank Figliuzzi said it better about AG Barr’s “summary” with [paraphrase] "it’s like your high school math teacher- “show me your work!”

Then Bob Kerry said recently “show me your bone spurs!”

(must see TV)

9 Likes

What I’ve seen on Twitter today is more rage then despair. More people doubling down on 2020, donating money to candidates and nore people out there trying to organize and reminding people to register/vote.

I’ve said for awhile I didn’t want Trump impeached, I wanted him voted out in 2020 and then indicted for all his crimes (Federal, State, whatever)

13 Likes

That’s really good to see. I like rage. You can work with rage - it’s a motivator. Despair is not a motivator at all and neither is cynicism.

12 Likes

Jeffries hit the points, not sure if it was a slam dunk, but yes, the NPR host was a bit taken aback.
https://www.npr.org/2019/03/25/706635955/the-democratic-response-to-the-end-of-robert-muellers-investigation

Better: Rep Swalwell (D-CA): Trump campaign warning TV producers about guests they said made “outlandish, false claims” on collusion. Swalwell was on that list.

Swalwell took issue with the accusation that he was spreading falsehoods. “The only person who has been caught lying about Russia is Donald Trump,” he tweeted. "If he thinks I’ve made a false statement, he can sue me. And I’ll beat him in court."

14 Likes

That’s my idea of a response!

4 Likes

Glad to hear that. Swalwell never shies away from the point.

7 Likes

McConnell and Graham are the most craven of the craven Republicans in Congress. McConnell and Graham know no shame nor no low is too low for them to stoop. We aren’t a nations of laws according to Republicans, they’ve made us a Banana Republic.

5 Likes

Agreed!

1 Like

Are you always a jackass? WTF?! Is that your feckless way to respond. Who’s paying for you to troll this site?

5 Likes

They’re thoughtless tools. The media wanted a headline. Why should we trust the same media that helped usher in the Iraq war.

2 Likes

I see a large pile of manure within your uninformed post and I suspect there’s a lot more waiting to be spread while overlooking the truth of Russian interference and social media’s as well

2 Likes

Chimera.

1 Like

NDP said this and I find it extremely heartening. We will not stand by and let this latest outrage take hold

An overwhelming and bipartisan majority of Americans believe that the Special Counsel’s report should be made fully public. 81 percent of adults believe the report should be released, including 79 percent of Republicans.

4 Likes

@cervantes doesn’t need my advice, bit if I were he, I’d have you flagged for a personal attack.

2 Likes

Maybe Barr will be persuaded to do something more by this factoid buried in NDP’s statement but only if Rs understand they’re losing support and gaining enemies by other than trumpites.

An overwhelming and bipartisan majority of Americans believe that the Special Counsel’s report should be made fully public. 81 percent of adults believe the report should be released, including 79 percent of Republicans.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available