Discussion: READ: Pelosi's Latest Mueller Talking Points for House Dems

We’ll get there but it’s going to be a fight. That’s ok - the House of Representatives really represents us and we will win this.

@nemo - yes it should be

11 Likes

This whole thing really plays into Democrat’s hands well. The far-left has been attacking Establishment Democrats for not being aggressive enough, but all they really want is attacks on Republicans and that’s something Pelosi can do without breaking a sweat. Now she’s been given unlimited ammo in a war the media has already surrendered and that’s something we can all support.

10 Likes

… As the Department of Justice made clear over the last two years, DOJ policy permits disclosure of investigative materials when it serves the public interest, even as they pertain to “‘uncharged third parties.”

Nancy to Rosenstein: “Bitch, please.” :smirk:

9 Likes

This is what excellent leadership looks like, irrespective of gender.

11 Likes

Nevertheless She persisted. :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Seems to me that Barr MUST KNOW that he will be pressured into releasing the full report. so why is he stalling?

There’s got to be a reason here and a method to his madness.

3 Likes

Love me some Pelosi after a disappointing (but probably expected) weekend.
“Give 'em Hell, Nancy” (sung to the tune of Give 'em Hell, Harry!)

5 Likes

Just saw CNN and MSNBC. They are pushing back pretty hard.
NPR, not so much.

8 Likes

I think there might not be too much method: I think they’re desperately trying to contain, as the Nixon WH did. When it collapses, it will collapse a long way.

And every 24-hour cycle brings us closer to Nov 2020: the longer this shitshow rolls on–by that metric–the better.

7 Likes

It’s a good list, but I think one more point is extremely important: “If the republicans believe the report vindicates the president and his family, why don’t they press AG Barr to release it?”

8 Likes

I know we have Nancy’s back but do the independents? They don’t seem to have much skin in any game and may turn against us.

There is a long-standing policy of the DOJ not releasing information about investigations when people in the report are not charged with crimes. This is a good policy to protect people’s privacy.

There may also be material related to sources and methods regarding national security.

2 Likes

Like I’ve said elsewhere, I think Barr is stuck in the 80s and thinks they’ll be “polite Americans” and drop it. He clearly cannot read the room and is going to be MISERABLE

3 Likes

"As the Department of Justice made clear over the last two years, DOJ policy permits disclosure of investigative materials when it serves the public interest, even as they pertain to “‘uncharged third parties.”

Ooops.

7 Likes

How will we know if we don’t get to see the report? And since Barr explicitly said that the report does not draw conclusions (his criteria for whether or not to make the report public), what is his justification for not releasing the report to the public?

2 Likes

I love your thinking.

4 Likes

These are public figures. A report on an investigation into matters regarding their campaigns or how they approach their office duties is not an invasion of privacy.

6 Likes

Josh was saying that basically all MSM was taking Barr’s letter at face value. What is wrong with these people. We do not have Mueller’s report, this is Barr’s summary to protect King Dumb Dumb.

2 Likes

You said it.

For Barr who has conflicts of interest wrt to the Muller probe (who applied for the AG position through the unsolicited memo and has a son-in-law working as Trump’s legal adviser) to write that Mueller’s report did NOT exonerate Trump re:obstruction of justice seems to suggest that the underlying evidence is damaging for Trump. One can only wonder what the evidence shows! How will Trump’s written answer stack up against all the evidence gathered by Mueller?

That said, the longer or harder the fight to release Mueller’s report, the chances that the underlying evidence against Trump for obstruction of justice is damaging will get higher! Otherwise, Mueller’s report would have been released ASAP!

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available