Discussion: READ: Pelosi's Latest Mueller Talking Points for House Dems

She’s leaving the House in 2020. Take heart.

5 Likes

Did she announce that?

Good night, littlebluegirl. :smile:

1 Like

So far, so good.

…aaaaand you just lost most people.

The over the top attacks undercut your intent and it make it harder for others to make the reasoned version of the argument.

4 Likes

If Trump runs on treason by Democrats, Democrats will win comfortably–especially if they respond by talking about health care and the shitty economy.

1 Like

Don’t feed the troll; he only wants attention.

1 Like

Actions speak louder than words. What the DCCC announced on Friday both reduces access to the ballot by candidates and limits the choices that Democrats have at the polls. Both those actions strike at the heart of democracy.

The only reason to do this is so that Pelosi can preserve her power base, and keep the campaign contributions bribes from her oligarch friends flowing. She does not want any more AOCs, regardless of what voters want.

Her actions show that she is an uber-rich politician who believes government belongs to the highest bidders, regardless of what she says.

Actions speak louder than words. And if some Democrats wonder why some people vote third-party, you don’t have to look any farther than Nancy Pelosi to understand why.

Dems seek to stifle primary challenges to incumbents

1 Like

Better. Less over the top.

If your trying to convince people and move the discussion to how you see things.

This is better.

That said, you assert intent on the part of Pelosi in regards to serving the rich. I think you lose many there.

Never mind her intent… this is where you get divisive.

I think many see this a bad, and that saying it stifles the left or stifles democracy is easier to hear than to say Pelosi is basically crooked.

At this point she is as close to protection from Trump as we have right now.

This can be discussed without trashing her.

I agree it’s bad for the DCCC to do this.

I agree leadership considers it bad when one of their own is toppled by a newcomer like AOC and it upsets their apple cart. To some degree that’s ok, not all of these newcomers can handle the spotlight with the control that AOC brings, but leadership should really recognize her district is very blue and the previous rep was out of step with his district in that way and if a red-ass district in Texas is going to send a Gohmert, our caucus needs an AOC to balance that out.

2 Likes

People don’t want to hear what they don’t want to hear, even if it is true. Denial is a powerful cognitive bias.

Follow the money stream. Where it comes from and where it goes. Pelosi uses the money to maintain her power, stifle dissent, and to give her donors what they paid for.

Follow the money, and draw your own conclusions.

We need to elect more and better Democrats. Pelosi wants to force voters to only elect the same Democrats, who will take her bribes in return for supporting her. She does not want Democratic voters to have a choice. Truth.

And, sincerely, thanks for your thoughtful comments.

3 Likes

maybe the truth is that there was no Russian collusion. Like there was no fucking WMD in Iraq.

Where have I seen this before?

1 Like

I am glad that there are others pointing out the same thing. One could also say:

maybe the truth is that there was no Russian collusion. Like there was no fucking problem with Clinton’s emails.

The MSM spreads lies and beats fake drums. This could be one of them. Maybe.

Yes, she told me recently at the cocktail party I attended which she was hosting for several hundred of her rich best friends.

3 Likes

Hey! You know the first rule of Nightclub - “What happens at Nightclub, stays in Nightclub”! :wink:

3 Likes

I am sure that you sent her my regards. :joy:

1 Like

Indeed. At the same moment she slipped me an elegant envelope stuffed with Benjamins. :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

We have a relationship. Perverse, it’s true, but a relationship nonetheless.

3 Likes

Its galling that Americans have waited 2 years for that report. Congressional and law enforcement agencies have deferred their own investigations in order to not compromise Mueller’s investigation, and then have Barr, who came onto the scene about a month ago, deliver a biased monarchial summation that he could have crafted without any investigation at all.

3 Likes

Far be it from me to intervene then…I just make it a habit to NEVER respond to him. He’s a loony.

1 Like

Yup, I linked to it yesterday. All of Slate’s coverage of the Barr letter yesterday was fine.

1 Like

No, there’s no talking him down from any of his positions, and that’s a fact.

2 Likes

A “purity troll” apparently. Oh, well, takes all kinds in this wide, wide world.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available