Discussion: READ: Mueller Files Sentencing Memo Rebuttal To Michael Flynn

Mattis may be abusing his power by politicizing navy intelligence. I hope the Navy keeps a close watch on Reince, who may be compromised. Reince worked closely with Erickson and Butina, Paul Ryan and Kislyak. Remember that it was Reince Priebus and Paul Ryan who were in charge of the Cleveland Convention. They were the ones that gave Ambassador Kislyak and members of the Mother Russia election intelligence team ringside seats to the Convention so that the plans to manipulate the election vote tallies and rig the outcomes could be coordinated in-person with other Russian confederates including Iwanka, Pence, Sessions, Manafort, Flynn, McConnell and Chao, Tillorsen, Wilbur Ross, Flynn Jr., Hicks and others.

5 Likes

Wow after reading Attachment A, there’s no doubt that Flynn’s lawyers did him no favors with this defense. Flynn knew what the FBI wanted to talk about, knew they probably had recordings of at least one call and, with his intelligence background, lied anyway?

Flynn will be lucky if Obama isn’t asked to explain why he warned tRump not to hire this guy.

Flynn’s lawyers are lucky if he doesn’t sue for malpractice.

tRump is fucked either way.

Why did he lie to the FBI when he had good reason to suspect there were intercepts?

The lies he told the agents were things he and others in the administration had already been saying in public, so in a way his choices were constrained (“Oh, what a tangled web we weave / When first we practise to deceive!”).

Yes, there were intercepts, but on the other hand if he could just talk fast enough, and after all these two guys who had come to see him looked friendly and amenable …

In other words, he may have been propelled by ego or lack of intelligence, and by the need to keep his story “straight.”

(And no, contrary to the howling we hear from right-wingers, there was no “entrapment” or “perjury trap.”)

1 Like

This isn’t The Onion?

First, Priebus is not intelligent
Second, Priebus should not be within 12,000 kilometers of United States Intelligence
Third, Priebus has lawyered up months ago for a reason

3 Likes

If it hadn’t been Flynn, they would have found some other military nutter to do it.

For poetic justice if no other kind, an overnight lockup is necessary. Bonus effect, lock down Flynn’s cooperation, i.e., "assuming that the defendant continues to accept responsibility for his actions.”

Paying attention, Judge Sullivan?

It is pretty well established that ignorance of the law is no defense.

On the other hand, military personnel are subject to UCMJ and courts martial.

A retired Lt. Gen. should know the Code of Military Justice. I believe with all the oaths he has taken in his tenure from his first contact with the military to his final position as Sec. HS. should have ingrained in him integrity, honor and honesty. Aparrently they were just words and a kubuku dance for him. It seems during his military he should have sat on court martials. And would know about lying to prosecutors. Has his lawyer handled cases before?

My wife loved pottery and like you couldn’t do it for a living. She started again at 55, is your age, 67, (to my 61) and is selling well now. It’s never too late to do what you love. She just spent 6 hours yesterday working a shift for a 7 day Anagama kiln, with a 75 year old friend. The kids (30’s) take the night shifts, leaving the “old ladies” the day shifts. Find the potters in your community, and have some fun!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available