Discussion: READ: Judge Smacks Down Trump Bid To Halt House Subpoena To Accountant

I suspect that the most brilliant and insightful jurists never make it to the supreme court. It’s like Einstein going out on a limb with the general theory of relativity because the majority of the peer review team includes young earth creationists.

We are not a meritocracy and we pay for it every day with shitty governance.

6 Likes

As I explained on another post they have other clients who are watching what they do. They will not release any info untill the ruling is final.

Tomorrow, I am calling Richard Neal’s office and suggest he request my tax returns. If Munchkin forks them over, it is an admission of obstructing Congress in denying Moron’s returns.

10 Likes

Some rulings are smackier than others. This one is smacky, well-written, well-researched, and long for the subject matter. He’s maximizing its chance of standing up to appeal.

6 Likes

I was unable to access the WaPo piece. As of today, I respectfully disagree with you. There have been no hearings of much consequence to date and hearings are how the public will be educated to the gravity of Trump’s abuse of power and criminal acts. IMHO, it is time to at least begin an impeachment inquiry to gain access to documents and witnesses. I have not been one to shout let’s impeach or start an inquiry but right now all I see is the Speaker with a choppy message and Schiff and Nadler frozen in place. Nadler held Barr in contempt but the Speaker has not brought it to the full house for a full vote.The only one making any headway is Cummings and that has been slow but steady. And he’s at least had hearings. The House has power that for whatever reason they won’t use. They can levee fines -big ones- but so far nothing. The door is rapidly closing and I believe the Speaker needs to reevaluate just what is at stake. By October of this year all incumbent House members will be in full campaign mode, waiting for the 2020 elections is too late. And yes, I realize there are not 67 Senators who today would vote to impeach but an impeachment inquiry may move the public and the Senate. You don’t know if you don’t try.

5 Likes

Driven in large part by William Barr. You can look it up.

8 Likes

Ralph, if there wasn’t a set period, Congress would be pressing to make the accounting firm reply instantly before they could get an appeal. Trump’s people would be pushing not to give anything. In this way, they can get the material together and if there’s not a stay in 7 days turn it over. If there is, wait until the next go around.

I’ve been totally supportive of Speaker Pelosi (and taken some hits for it) because she is my critter but I’m now growing impatient. Enough with words and placating and thinking out loud or whatever it may be called that is going on. Strong is wrong, and weak is right, quoting from an MSNBC panelist I saw earlier today. Kind of sums it up. PP being the former and Pelosi the latter.

7 Likes
19 Likes

McGahn was cited almost 200 times in the Mueller report, but at bottom he’s a guy from the Federalist Society who successfully pushed moron to nominate right wing judges including Kav. His work is done.

8 Likes

I respectfully disagree.

At least for a few more days, weeks, or… :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s not going to happen because we say so, and we don’t know all the information they have. It’s going to happen when they decide it’s time.

5 Likes

another point – even once Mazar’s turns in the documents, how long will it take for them to be analyzed in a productive fashion. What we are talking about here is 500 plus interlocking companies. And while there are experts who are capable of understanding this stuff, its not going to presented in “easy to understand” formats. Its probably going to be quite some time before anything signficant comes out once congress gets the info.

1 Like

I believe that Barr should be jailed. Whether his Impeachment could do that or not…If it can, he should be impeached and removed. Barr is very dangerous.

6 Likes

I’m chilling the champagne for when you cross the threshold… :smiley:

4 Likes

Make it Schramsberg, and I’ll be there.

3 Likes

They’re all dangerous until a fatal flaw brings them down. Barr thinks he’ll win the war against our judicial system as it lines up against him.

3 Likes

did I say champagne? I meant champale. I have the variety 12 pack! would you prefer the extra dry, or the gold flavor, or pink flavored champale?

6 Likes

Better yet, get one of these:

2 Likes

Are you suggesting that even a stone-cold silence might be preferable?

I’m dancing a gigue

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available