Discussion: READ: Judge Smacks Down Trump Bid To Halt House Subpoena To Accountant

3 Likes

Yes well during this maladministration if I donā€™t ration my cuss words then Iā€™ll nothing left for the next outrageous thing that will happen latter this week.

1 Like

This seems to be one of those advantages to only knowing music with names like Nocturne No. 1 in D.

8 Likes

One word in reply, Kavanaugh. (They might defy him on a few small things, but on the important stuff, I suspect that they will be loyal to their Federalist Society roots, which is why they were chosen.) Expecting good actions from bad actors almost always leads to disappointment.

4 Likes

True, but not as fun. :grinning:

Can confirm.

I was nuts about baseball cards as a kidā€“I had 5,000 of them. But never, ever Willie, Sandy, Roberto, or any other real star for that matter.

3 Likes

Did you make one big gum ball?

2 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of Schubert art songs. (With a little checking, I see that Nocturne No. 1 in D isnā€™t quite in the traditional classical line)

I am sure there could be reasons. But this is very scary and I donā€™t like the smell of it. It appears to me that the Supreme Court could be beholden to, and under the control of the Russian whores.

:laughing:

I should have! But the gum was clearly the worst part of the deal. Way too sweet, and virtually unchewable.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a quick skit depicting todayā€™s proceedings. It begins with pResident Toadglans mit dem BoneSpursā€™ legal team. The judge, brilliantly played by Damon Wayans, issues the courtā€™s verdict. Enjoy.

2 Likes

The cards made great noise makers for the bicycle spokes.

5 Likes

Never did that with them. I liked collecting them too much.

2 Likes

From my perspective, you have been pushing impeachment for a while so you would look at it that way. To me, everything the judge cited was the House has pretty broad latitude for looking into legislative/investigative issues. Should they turn up enough stuff and public opinion demands the Senate take notice, then an impeachment proceeding can begin; the Houseā€™s choice. The judge was pretty clear of steering clear of the judiciary getting involved in Executive or Legislative affairs. While he probably has an opionion on impeachment, he sure the hell isnā€™t going to voice/imply it in a ruling like this.

4 Likes

Someone has put what Iā€™ve been thinking today into words. Leadership cannot just hope that the drip drip is finally going to pull the public toward impeachment. They need to begin an impeachment inquiry or just stop and pretend this is all normal.

2 Likes

And thank heavens he didnā€™t actually act on the ā€œgiving them everything they wanted.ā€ It would have been worse than the sitting on his hands that he did. Lincoln had it hard enough as it was.

Iā€™d agree that Buchanan belongs on the list of worst presidents, but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d agree he was worse than Andrew Johnson. I would agree that Trump scores below both of them, though.

3 Likes

Yay.

Point well taken.

3 Likes

I thought it was rather nice.
His team sure as hell couldnā€™t meet the standards for grant of a stay in any ordinary universe of cases.

Probably one of the things holding Johnson back from being worse (in historiansā€™ opinions) is that the Republicans held a supermajority in Congress and could overrule Johnsonā€™s worst actions, thus mitigating the damage he could do. For Buchanan, the Congress was basically paralyzed by the North/South split, so they werenā€™t getting anything done either. And thus his inaction and tepid support for the South went unchecked.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available