Discussion: READ: Judge Smacks Down Trump Bid To Halt House Subpoena To Accountant

Good Nick Cage clips in that video.

1 Like

Judge Amit Mehta

Heh, heh, heh

2 Likes

Well, I suppose he could have moved federal troops into the other slave states and declared martial law, the way Lincoln did with Maryland, but Iā€™m not sure how that would have worked out at that point ā€“ the federal government had trouble enough trying to round up a force to move against John Brownā€™s band at Harperā€™s Ferry in 1859. And even Lincoln didnā€™t move into Maryland until after Virginia had seceded.

2 Likes

I do like the one with the motorcycle copā€¦

1 Like

Fat Bastard went with ā€œObama appointeeā€ today.

4 Likes

Iā€™m havinā€™ one with you shipmate.

Tonight itā€™s a Scofflaw brewed Hooligan IPA.

burp

ā€˜scuse me.

6 Likes

Karma sometimes can be a bitch, and other times a politically abused presiding appellant judge.

4 Likes

Oh, and hereā€™s Charlie Sykes, repeating that the democrats are losing the messaging.

The MSM is salivating over daily impeachment proceedings. Itā€™s May 2019 and many months before the next election.

What happens if it starts now? How can they keep this going until next year?

They canā€™t, especially if the Senate wonā€™t convict. And if by some miracle, they do get rid of Trump, and Pence takes over, picks a manly vice-president who then runs for the officeā€¦

No. Let it drag out for a while longer.

8 Likes

I quit drinking 40 years ago. One of the best decisions of my life. But I made up for it before then.

8 Likes

Throttle back a bit there, Pard.

1 Like

There used to be a great bar on the east side of Milwaukee named Hooligans, just down the street from the light house and the fountain where everyone dropped acid after drinking at Hooligans.

1 Like

For 2019, the House is out of session from June 28 until July 9; the Senate takes two days less ā€“ their last day in session is the 28th of June and their first day back in session is July 8. So ā€“ same amount of time as for Memorial Day for both of them.

You should see the calendar for August ā€“ the House is out of session for the entire month, and also for the last 3 days in July. The Senate is still in session for the last 3 days of July and the first two days in August. Neither chamber returns until September 9.

Nice work if you can get it, huh?

5 Likes

Those fuckers never work. Labor Day, Presidents Day, Thanksgiving Xmas and the New Year.

2 Likes

Sort of, but, given who sits above him, Iā€™d say he has ventured out on a limb ā€“ for which one is grateful.

1 Like

For just an instant I mis-read the headline and thought ā€œJudge Smacksā€¦ā€ was his name.

2 Likes

The Democrats are working. Legislation and oversight.

3 Likes

LOLā€¦

ā€¦because we still havenā€™t even seen Obamaā€™s ā€œbirth certificateā€ and ā€œcollege records.ā€

3 Likes

Bravo zillacop. And as I remember it, Pelosi said itā€™s ā€œnot worthā€!tearing the country apart over Mr Short Fingers.

Iā€™m beginning to think that all this Impeach Now frothing is being directed by Moscow

3 Likes

JB, I donā€™t think, is responsible for the Civil War, but not only did he do nothing to delay it, he blindly stood by while Southerners in the War Dept. basically stole arms and munitions during his administration.

3 Likes

McGahn says heā€™s a no for tomorrow and Nadler better cite him for contempt and Pelosi should call for a vote in the House before they adjourn for a freaking week.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available