Discussion: READ: Judge Smacks Down Trump Bid To Halt House Subpoena To Accountant

I saw that today. Loved Jeff Daniels just admitting it’s all about race. Micheal Schmidt is a “heads Republicans win, tails Democrats lose” type.

10 Likes

Oh, totally agree. I’m wondering if that could be the catalyst for the collapse of the whole house of cards. Him ordering people not to comply with a Supreme Court decision (or maybe more likely, non-decision, with them refusing to take it up), and all the chaos that would come with it.

Absolutely. But also totally unequipped to handle anyone actually telling him to do anything. Think his head will explode from the stress.

8 Likes
1 Like

Why does the song “All By Myself” suddenly come to mind?

11 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of “Nobody knows the troubles I’ve seen. Nobody knows my sorrow.”

3 Likes

Oh, FFS. For the Love of God, WHY? Now I’ve got Celine Dion screaming inside my brain and I can’t get her out…

1 Like

At the time, all Buchanan did was to say that that secession was illegal and the only way to prevent it was to give the southerners everything they wanted, including a pro-slavery constitution for Kansas. Whatever William Rufus King had to with all that, who knows but King was as pro-slavery as anyone .

Buchanan had a close and intimate relationship with William Rufus King, an Alabama politician who briefly served as vice president under Franklin Pierce. Buchanan and King lived together in a Washington boardinghouse for many years, from 1834 until King’s departure for France in 1844. King referred to the relationship as a “communion”,[103] and the two attended social functions together. Contemporaries also noted the closeness. Andrew Jackson called King “Miss Nancy” and prominent Democrat Aaron V. Brown referred to King as Buchanan’s “better half”, “wife” and “Aunt Fancy” (the last being a 19th-century euphemism for an effeminate man)

1 Like

Is Schmidt another Politico (Tiger Beat on the Potomac) alumnus? Just curious. The NYT political desk seems to have a number of them.

3 Likes

Look for the Mega Omega Supreme Court to be formed shortly.

3 Likes

What was really interesting was when Heilman Heilemann asked Daniels if he favored any one candidate. Daniels said that he wanted someone with intelligence, after scoffing at the “Toddler-in-Chief.” He mentioned Harris and Mayor Pete. Then he said even Biden, if he can go up against Trump.

Then he said that it wasn’t up to him. He looked at the panel and said, “It will all be up to you.”

:smirk:

6 Likes

I know. He’s saying he is NOT issuing a stay – that the agreement between the parties is sufficient. An agreement between parties is not a stay.

2 Likes

That’s not a song that racist would ever even know.

5 Likes

Celine Dion?

I guess you are a youngster. I’m hearing Eric Carmen

2 Likes

“will not stay…beyond”. There is a stay for 7 days, therefore.

1 Like

we’ll just have to agree to disagree

I just checked the Google and it appears he never worked for Politico, but he definitely seems to have gone to the Politico school of journalism.

5 Likes

Mehta also denied a request from Trump to delay the subpoena until a potential appeal to the D.C. Circuit Court. That is expected to be the President’s next move, with the potential for the case to make its way to the Supreme Court.

Please, please, please, let this kind of bullshit get to SCOTUS! I can’t imagine any justice, much less one of the Supreme’s, wanting to appear like a lapdog for an unpopular know-nothing President.

1 Like

Think George Thorogood. WhenI drink alone I prefer to be by myself.

5 Likes

What I love about this is the shitstain is not the one complying.

2 Likes

Ah, much better, thank you!

I prefer to think, though, that you are never drinking alone if you drink with Jesus!

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available