Discussion: Pruitt Questions Whether Climate Change 'Necessarily Is A Bad Thing'

I was thinking he should be sentenced to spend the rest of his life in a cell in miami beach, with the floor at street level.

But then, who is to say that the destruction of modern civilization is necessarily a bad thing?

3 Likes

“We know that humans have most flourished during times of what? Warming trends," Pruitt told KSNV’s Gerard Ramalho in an interview flagged by the Guardian. “So I think there’s assumptions made that because the climate is warming that that necessarily is a bad thing.”

1. does he have any examples to support this belief?

2. k

“Do we really know what the ideal surface temperature should be in the year 2100, in the year 2018?” Pruitt went on. “That’s fairly arrogant for us to think that we know exactly what it should be in 2100.”

k

3 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Buildable?

3 Likes

Mass extinction events are good for the economy.

15 Likes

My house is 61 feet above sea level. I’m looking forward to it becoming more valuable beach front property.

5 Likes

How about that one with the hungry polar bear?

8 Likes

He can eat me!

1 Like

…he said batting his eyes…‘I mean really…is it so bad to rape the Earth and destroy it for future generations???’

3 Likes

I think we’re there already.

9 Likes

Somebody save us from these ignoramuses! For somebody so paranoid that he has to build “Cones of Silence” and has tons of bodyguards, he sure says stupid things rather freely.

Anybody STILL want to dare suggest that Hillary would have been worse than/as bad as Trump? Or that “both sides” are just as bad, stupid, etc. C’mon! I dare you! I double dog dare you!

10 Likes

Noam Chomsky now considers the Republican party of the US the most dangerous entity on Earth. Largely because of their endemic Global Warming denial

11 Likes

Would the chemical castration of Scott Pruitt necessarily be a bad thing?

4 Likes

Using a butter knife instead may be???

4 Likes

I know of some prime property in the Harvey floodplain that he can move his FEMA trailer onto – it’s right next to the toxic waste dumps that have yet to be cleaned up.

6 Likes

Randolph Duke bet Trump $1 that he could make an idiot an agency head - He nominated Scott Pruitt

Trump bet Randolph Duke $1 that he could make an even bigger idiot an agency head - He nominated Betsy DeVos

10 Likes

It is more than that, in Oklahoma a lot of jobs were tied to the fossil fuel industry. Most of the country isn’t under the thumb of Exxon and BP. We are worried about losing our seaside cities.

3 Likes

This idiot must be living 24/7 in the Maxwell Smart Memorial Cone of Silence that Zinke built. Does he not have a clue that a huge percent of the world’s war victims and refugee surges are either the direct or indirect result of climate change? Forget the polar bears, dolphins, and honeybees. Just focus on climate change and human suffering, you supernal dickhead! https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2015/03/150302-syria-war-climate-change-drought/

4 Likes

It’s the Republican equivalent of political correctness.
Global warming denial
Anti-abortion
anti-evolution
pro-guns
love Jesus…

5 Likes

“Right. And, as long as you didn’t catch it and die from it, it was good for YOU.”
----Scott Pruitt, Philosopher

4 Likes