Discussion: Prosecutors: Accused Islamic Center Arsonist Said He'Hated Muslims'

Discussion for article #233410

More news from the land of Duh. I believe, by definition, a guy that sets fire to an Islamic center hates Muslims.

3 Likes

Hmmm.

When I first read the reporter asking the “…did you burn it to stay warm…” question, a bell went off in my head. I thought it was incredibly leading. Ferguson recognized it being a good defense and went with it.

Very interesting this new info. I’m sure our resident commenter will set us all straight. Wouldn’t want to jump to conclusions.

7 Likes

If you hate Muslims, stay a Christian, leave other peoples’ religion alone. Asshole!

2 Likes

Likely, I’ll hafta’ admit-- and I’m just guessing here-- that you’ll be proven correct.
But if not? Then I really didn’t. And you aren’t.
Unless you read the entire body of my comment.

You did read it-- right?
The whole entirety of all of it?
If you didn’t? You couldn’t possibly know what I know for sure.

jw1

3 Likes

Here 'ya go O’reilly, Fox, et al. - here’s some of your fucking “Holy War”.

1 Like

Perhaps someone in the media might point out that this crap is the reason the President on other thinking folks don’t inflame sentiments with unnecessary anti-Muslim shit. Lot’s of opportunistic critics carp about Obama not bad mouthing Islam enough. He doesn’t want incite this. That’s why.

2 Likes

Meet the next new FOX News guest pundit!

Perfect pitch on that one.

1 Like

In Houston he must have walked past a half dozen Baptist churches before he decided to warm up at an Islamic Center.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s leading. But investigators had publicly floated that scenario (along with arson) in their first news conference the day of the fire, so it’s been out there. I think most people in Houston were hoping this was an accident of that sort.

I wonder how many muslims he know ?

Some Houston-y logistics:
The location of the Center was on a 1/2-mile stretch of FM1959 mid-point between I-45 and Hwy 3 (2 major thoroughfares).
Another Islamic institution the Iman Academy is less than a mile from the Center.
The area is seemingly one with a good-sized Islamic demographic.

It’s also in a semi-rural/industrial area between Houston-proper and NASA/Clear Lake .
Unless you live or work there?
It’s not an area you would frequent without purpose.

jw1

1 Like

Let’s hope Mr. Ferguson “gets what he deserves”, and it “happens for a [very obvious] reason.”