Discussion: Pro-Fossil Fuels WH Energy Adviser Resigns, Will Return To Lobbying Firm

Wasn’t there supposed to be some rules saying people can’t be lobbyist right after leaving?

5 Likes

I think Trump should pardon people as soon as they start working for him (in the whitehouse or under cover of another position). Why wait for the convictions… it will save time and money.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think that there are some. But, unfortunately, there is no rule which says that one must abide by the rules.

5 Likes

Catanzaro is the latest exit from the administration.

I’ve found a perfect visual representation of this phenomenon.

Wasn’t there a rule that said people couldn’t lobby within three years of leaving the administration or something? If so, I can’t imagine anyone violating that “sacred trust.”

ETA I see @musgrove already asked that question.

2 Likes

Apparently they’ve been issuing “waivers” to this rule. As corrupt as the day is long.

2 Likes

After that tax cut thingy …

everybody should start lookin round for their trickle —

1 Like

“Announcing that he wants to spend more time with him money (and bale before he’s unable to wash away the stench of Trump).”

1 Like

A good spin doctor could fix that problem.

That’s hilarious, you’d think they’d have locked them instead of letting them spin like that.

1 Like

“My work here is done.”

2 Likes

Turn down the gas and oil price dial about a dollar before you go, okay???

That only applies to democrats so they can bitch and scream about it.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your service.
Sincerely,
AEIA LLC,

don’t worry. ryan and mcconnell are working on a bill to make such pardons automatic with the proviso that the law will apply only to GOP administrations.

1 Like

Building manager fail. They are supposed to lock those. Happens all the time in NYC.

1 Like