Discussion: Priest Accused Of Pointing A Functioning Gun At 8-Year-Old Parishioner

Discussion for article #241352

There is not a lot of context in this story. Boy shows up and a priest does this? I can’t even fantasize a reason why this would happen.

4 Likes

What freaks me out is that the parishioners and presumably the boy’s family did not go to the police immediately.

8 Likes

Kim Davis in drag?

Report: New Jersey priest arrested for allegedly pointing gun at boy for being Cowboys fan

The incident allegedly happened before the New York Giants-Cowboys game on Sunday, Sept. 13.

The priest allegedly had the boy stand against the wall, then retrieved a musket and pointed it at him, prosecutors said, citing several witnesses because the boy was going to root for the Cowboys.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/20151003-report-new-jersey-priest-arrested-for-allegedly-pointing-gun-at-boy-for-being-cowboys-fan.ece

3 Likes

Really? How about pedophilia, and the priest trying to prevent it being revealed?

1 Like

So, justifiable, right?

7 Likes

TPM what is the point in publishing a story with such a provocative headline if there are practically no facts provided? This truly is just click bait.

4 Likes

At long last “priest” and “8-year old boy” in same sentence that does not include “molests”. Oh Happy day!

3 Likes

It sounds even crazier with the context added.

5 Likes

Priest goes bats**t crazy. What else is new?

1 Like

the combined intelligence of a holy roller, a gun nut, and a pointy-ball fanatic. who ties his shoes for him?

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I have to say it. This man is not a good Catholic priest.

3 Likes

…but qualifies for TeaPub wannabe…

Many priests are total and complete psychos.

Pretty enthusiastic fan of his team, though. You have to weigh everything in these situations.

6 Likes

Guess the comfy chair and soft cushions weren’t effective.

3 Likes

I believe the idea is to have TPM readers to do the 3 seconds of Googling required to flesh it out.

Well maybe the priest had a really great reason for pointing a musket at an 8 y.o. kid. Maybe the priest is a NY Giants fan and the kid was a Dallas Cowboys fan. Huh. Huh!! Well that’s a horse of a different color isn’t it? So there. Makes complete sense now… doesn’t it.

1 Like

But the church has not fired this guy, right? They only fired the priest who came out as gay.

What an enlightened bunch they are.

3 Likes