Discussion: Pope Francis Suggests Trump 'Is Not Christian' For Mexico Border Wall Plan

I want some of what you’re smoking.

3 Likes

… along with the entire Republican Party.

5 Likes

You’re talking about yourself, right?

1 Like

Actually… There is a substantial right-wing portion of the Catholic Church in America who is really anti-Francis…

So he’s not necessarily losing any support.

You are on a roll today.

2 Likes

tRump is a modern GOP christian; they follow GreenbackJeebus the gun-toting, grifting and greedy son of god. It’s a religion of hate, mostly of the poor and the foreigner. They worship a golden scapegoat.

4 Likes

“Hey Pope…you’re fired!”

4 Likes

I’m looking for assurance that his tweet was tongue in cheek. It’s so hard to distinguish from everyday egotistic tweets and Pope-mocking tweets.

2 Likes

You get the historical reference of the day and I’m sure Trump is an admirer of Stalin.

3 Likes

fuck off, ignorant pos.

2 Likes

So Trump regards the Pope’s criticism of him as an “attack” on Christianity?

And as President, he’s not going to “allow” Christianity to be attacked? Does he plan to push legislation to make it illegal to criticize the Christian religion? What part of the First Amendment does he not understand?

Every day and in every way, Trump shows how unqualified he is for the office he’s seeking.

9 Likes

lestadellc: your post offends me greatly. there is no excuse for this tripe. listen to his words. shame on you.

5 Likes

“For a religious leader to question a person’s faith is disgraceful. I am proud to be a Christian and as President I will not allow Christianity to be consistently attacked and weakened,”

When the Pope speaks on policy issues they tell him to stay in his lane. When the Pope stays in his lane and talks about what is Christ-like they get mad…

pass the popcorn and the hotsauce

2 Likes

Well, Trump has attacked so many different groups and organizations it is only fitting that he now will take on the Catholic community, of which I am a member. He doesn’t understand that the Pope meant that Trump is not a good Christian, one who follows the footsteps of Jesus and his commandment to “love your neighbor as yourself”. And who is our neighbor? That’s for each of us to decide, isn’t it?

6 Likes

I’ll forgive the Pope (gee, what a concept) because English is not his first language. There is a difference between “not a Christian” and “unchristian”. I have no idea whether Trump is a Christian, but has is obviously unchristian. His attitude toward immigrants in general, his attitude toward toward Mexican immigrants more specifically, and his claimed desire to build a wall all clearly show him to be very unchristian. But whether he is a Christian is a whole different matter. Trump says he’s a Christian, so I’ll kinda sorta half-way take him at his untrustworthy word.

1 Like

God bless this Pope (no pun intended).
You can be spiritual, or you can be an advocate for the positions that Trump and his followers (and in truth, a good portion of the GOP) take.
But you can’t be both. Don’t believe me? Read what Jesus had to say.

2 Likes

Disagree. The Pope can most certainly state, if anyone is qualified to, that someone is NOT Christian based on their words and deeds.

I don’t care if Hitler thought he was a good Catholic, just because he believed he was a Christian did not make him so.

Your actions towards others–particularly the least fortunate-- are what define you as a Christian.

2 Likes

@SonsofAres
Trumpf would’ve admired Trotsky too, but that didn’t end well. “Loser, and dead!”

3 Likes

I think the Pope’s point is that being a Christian is not an accident of birth, or a membership in some denomination or church. It’s how you behave toward others that defines your status as a Christian.

6 Likes

This better be on the Wrestlemania card.

3 Likes