Discussion: Poll: Trump's Numbers Haven't Improved Since Mueller Ended Investigation

Don’t expect his numbers to change. Most Americans are not really following the Mueller investigation, and are more concerned with the economy, healthcare, etc. Pelosi has already informed the troops to pivot to DOJ/GOP ACA elimination, and rightly so.

Sidebar to TPM incomplete post of Sen. Mike Lee’s (R-UT) 14 minute Senate floor attack on the Green New Deal using Aquaman, The Empire Strikes Back, and a portrait of late President Ronald Reagan.

I sincerely thought this was leading up to a great drunken joke, "so Reagan is crossing the Delaware on his boat/velociraptor holding up a tattered American flag, with a rocket launcher and a machine gun, and walks into a Hessian Bar… "

In a future without air travel, how are we supposed to get around the vast expanses of, say, Alaska, during the winter? I’ll tell you how. Tauntauns, Mr. President. This is a beloved species of reptomammals, native to the ice planet of Hoth. They’re perhaps not as efficient in some ways as airplanes or snowmobiles, these hairy bipedal species of space lizards offer their own unique benefits. Not only are Tauntauns carbon-neutral, but according to a report a long time ago and issued far, far away, they may even be fully recyclable and usable for their warmth on a cold night.

(alas, Mike Lee, you have failed the country again)

5 Likes

Not businesses, political arms. Of the Republican Party to be exact.
This has been going since the 80s, at least.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s true.

2 Likes

Yup. If that happened, the GOTP would be finished.

Most people I know that a Trump supporters are completely so strictly because “their church” says they should be.

1 Like

And the republican party is the party of Big Business. Isn’t it?

It’s also the ones that just simply weren’t motivated, tend to never be motivated – the what does it matter people who are basically not political. We have to get through to those people that it does matter. I think they’re even more important, not to mention more numerous.

So few people in this country vote.

3 Likes

That much vaunted bloc, independents, are disenchanted with him. He’s course, vulgar, everything-phobic, and they don’t like it. He’ll just get worse now that he’s (not) been fully exonerated by the Barr report.

8 Likes

Those people are probably unreachable, and might not vote for good reasons and candidates anyway.

4 Likes

Do you think so? I’m not going to argue because I really don’t know. But it does seem that some candidates are capable of driving more voters to polls than others, and turnout was very bad in 2016.

2 Likes

My husband told me last night that the Trumpsters were going after the ACA again. It makes no sense. 20,000,000 or more people looking at loss of insurance.

“God” isn’t going to save the people who support Trump, and the rest are effed as well.

America is NOT GREAT with Trump at the helm (with a cast of greedy characters making all the decisions).

3 Likes

@littlegirlblue

Oh say it again, please. It’s music to my ears and I can never hear it enough.

3 Likes

:moneybag:

1,000 likes

Not only that…he’s spreading:

2 Likes

O yes. He will.

6 Likes

Nate Silver on 538 predicted this on Friday. With Trump, the electorate is pretty locked in - you either love him or you hate him. The haters aren’t coming back into the fold, no matter what Trump, Barr or anyone else says.

I do not think the selection of the Democratic Party candidate will make a lot of difference in the 2020 election, because with these polls, it looks like Trump is headed for a referendum on his leadership and his character. When 55% of the electorate wants to see your face on a “Wanted for Abuse of Power, Dead or Alive” poster, you can’t win, no matter who the alternative is.

11 Likes

Lee is the epitome of white wealth privilege leading to undeserving shit-for-brains morons getting things like coveted judicial clerkships. He is the posterboy for that shit.

4 Likes

The dems need to have a strong ticket, but without campaigning on it, it will be anyone but Trump.

Remember, America. ETTD.

This means YOU.

1 Like

Here we were counting on a Mueller report and what we got instead was a Barr report, hundreds of pages full of details versus four pages of ass-kissing personal opinion.

7 Likes
6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available