Discussion: Poll: Trump's Numbers Haven't Improved Since Mueller Ended Investigation

Somebody was fooled. He did manage get elected, after all.

2 Likes

Just 35 percent had heard “a lot” about Mueller’s findings,

From where? Barr’s letter only quoted #Just64Words from the Mueller report.

6 Likes

At what point is someone on the TV going to notice that Barr confirms this, yet the Moron-in-Chief preferred Putin’s denials.

6 Likes
2 Likes

42 %. Forty-two percent. 42 ? Jesus. That’s depressing.

1 Like

I just liked this for the Gashlycrumb Tinies avatar…

2 Likes

Those who voted in 2016, there are a lot of new voters since then and a lot of them voted progressive in the mid-terms. I’m thinking it’s 46% of “not much”.

1 Like

Twenty-eight to 30 percent is the hardcore. That 10-12 percent you find depressing are people who just don’t care too much, because they make no connection between what’s going on in DC with their everyday lives. They think, “I don’t see what the big deal is and it’s not negative for me.” This is a country where 6 out of 10 people believe in Hell. Over 50 percent think houses can be haunted and 20 percent think Bigfoot is real. Even smart people believe in weird shit.

12 Likes

My wife has threatened for years to make me attend a Halloween party costumed as Walter–though I look more like the Dude, I act more like Walter.

DOESN’T ANYBODY HERE GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE RULES?!?!?

4 Likes

And that’s on the horizon:

3 Likes

Only the corporate media which looks to Twitter to decide what the public is interested in ever thought the Mueller report was the main driver behind Donald’s unpopularity.

He is unpopular due to the policies he’s pursuing and the tactics he uses while pursuing them.

Only people who get their news from Twitter put a priority on the Mueller investigation. Regardless of Trump’s complaints it still was an investigation launched by his own appointee making it suspect from the very beginning for most people.

That Barr summarizes the report as much ado about nothing is therefore not a big surprise to most people.

6 Likes

Oh I think that ceiling is beginning to fall on their heads

Big foot is the least of our problems.

2 Likes

Shit, I coulda told you that the second I saw the ridiculous piece of shit. Barr did what he was hired to do but he did it transparently badly.

If the Supreme Court tosses the ACA, then the House would have to decide whether or not to compromise with the GOP Senate for crumbs or to fight tooth and nail by holding up something that both the Senate and Trump actually want.

Being able to block something is not the same as being able to pass something. We need control of the House, the Senate and the Presidency.

2 Likes

Well the good news is that most of the people believe that Trump is a racist, conman, cheat.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing…a re-Mote possibility ?

And his supporters love him for it. As long as they think that he is taking actions that at least move towards their preferred goals (including hating and punishing all of the right people), they will continue to support him. To them, the ends really do justify the means.

1 Like

I went to lunch with a friend the other day, and he was wearing a T-shirt that read: “Bigfoot saw me, but no one would believe him.”

For many of these ideas, as well as the x-files like obsession with conspiracies and aliens, there are deeply psychological forces at work (rather than supernatural ones). The idea of ghosts is a complicated one, as many people just want something to confirm the idea of an afterlife (for themselves and their loved ones), but for a lot of it people just want something to take them out of the mundane nature of our day to day existence.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available