Discussion: Poll: Biden, Sanders Tied In Iowa

Not by the MSM who sees Biden v. Trump as the best ratings matchup for 2020.

They want to see who can slur their words the most.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure she does. I put her and Warren at the top of the fire-in-the-belly index. Itā€™s way early.

2 Likes

Yep, the media is no longer to inform, but to entertain.

They will try and goad the country into the election they want to cover. Then present the news in a way to yield the presidency they want to cover.

They will find a way to belittle and dismiss anyone who invades on those plans.

2 Likes

Old and Older.
No thanks.

2 Likes

I do admit that part of me wants to see Biden get the nod just for the Debatesā€¦

ā€œMalarkeyā€ would definitely make a comebackā€¦

The Battle of the Titans!!!

Personally, I would find more excitement in watching televised golf or bread dough rise.

1 Like

Whenever Joe or Bernie have ā€œfire in the bellyā€, they reach for a Rolaids.

Well, at least Bernie got there first to crap the place up.

2 Likes

I predict the winner will be the first one who can make it through without using a Rascal or uttering the word ā€œwhippersnapperā€.

1 Like

Imagine thd Easter Egg roll at the WH each year would consist of the president shaking his fist and yelling ā€œGet off my lawn!ā€

1 Like

I get that you donā€™t like Bernie but at least heā€™s still nimble, unlike Biden who can barely read off the teleprompter anymore (and whose politics havenā€™t kept pace with the times).

Iā€™ve never heard about this poll before, who are these people? They are not included in either 538 or Realclear politics.No other poll shows them even remotely close.

Wow. Iā€™m with you. To add just a little bit of history. In 2016, Hillary beat Bernie by three tenths of one percent in the Iowa caucus.

Longtime A2 resident hereā€¦ I think the area demographics have changed over the last ~two decades to the point where thereā€™s just not the demand for that kind of trough-based eating style. There also used to be a Sweden House, but that disappeared a good while ago. If college boys were eating up Corralā€™s profits, I donā€™t think it was U-M students, who have plenty of campus-area eating options, including residence hall cafeterias that make my early '70s U-M dorm food look like stuff offered up at a minor state prison.

1 Like

The caucuses are where Bernie did the best. However, 4 of the caucuses that Bernie won - those states have switched to primaries. Bernie didnā€™t do well in primaries. Bernie won the caucus here in WA, but in the primary (which didnā€™t count) she won in a landslide.

2 Likes

Once again, could somebody tell me why the Senator from Vermont runs as an Independent in a state whose other US Senator is a Democrat, but runs as a Democrat when he wants to be President? He is Ross Perot with smaller ears and is only meant to be a spoiler.

1 Like

Well, youā€™re clearly right about Biden. That must be why he is languishing in last place among the Democratic aspirants. Seriously, you must have a substantive view. Why donā€™t you share it with us. Thanks.

2 Likes

ā€œFist time was the last time for me.ā€

Huhā€¦ I would not have guessed that Golden Corral customers would be into that.

1 Like

so that candidates without a whole lot of corporate money in their campaign accounts can compete on a relatively even playing field? With the best ones gaining sufficient support to show up in the polls, thereby getting media attention, and making it possible to raise additional funds?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available