Discussion: Poll: Biden, Sanders Tied In Iowa

“A young gay guy, no matter how personable, is not going to do the trick”

Pete is a lot more than “personable.” He’s smart, well-informed, articulate, and politically savvy. As for his youth, some people are just ahead of the curve; to me, hew usually comes off as the most mature person in the room. And people for whom his sexuality is an issue probably wouldn’t have voted for him in any case.

1 Like

With you until here.

This part remains to be seen.

Listened to Trump lately?

10% in Iowa is stronger than expected for Harris. I am pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

The only criticism I have is that I really wish Democrats would use a different color blue in their signage. I’m so sick of royal blue. Cerulean or a nice sky blue would be so much more cheerful and would work wonderfully in my opinion.

1 Like

I sure wish these two old farts would get off my lawn.

Interesting. I am hoping both Bernie and Warren do a tag-team attack on Biden for his credit card industry chicanery, but it’s hard to predict how these dynamics are going to play out.

3 Likes

This. Rest in power, Tim.

Although, gotta say… the shtick becomes a bit less funny once you’ve cared for an aging parent… or become one.

1 Like

Oh, GOD no! An total mountebank then and now.

1 Like

The press favors Biden because he is the completely establishment candidate. He has lots, and lots of billionaire and corporate support. The Democratic rank and file, however, are still looking. Many favor Bernie, but others don’t like him either. They are still looking. Harris, Warren and Mayor Pete are getting a good look. This race is still up for grabs.

2 Likes

Ha! Yes. Thank you. Changed.

Precisely! The problem is that Harris has given us no indication yet that voters are going to move toward her. In fact, they appear to be moving away. Meanwhile, Warren and Buttigieg have shown an ability to pick up new voters…

I do agree that it’s early. There’s not just the early debates, but also the chance that Harris will improve in her ability to handle unexpected questions.

What I don’t want is for her to win it simply because of demographic advantages (California’s trove of delegates, the crucial place of black female voters in southern primary states, etc.). Just like Biden winning simply because of name recognition or Sanders because of cult-like status, this would not bode well for her ability to win in the General Election.

1 Like

I’m with you. I had been leaning Harris but am disappointed to date. Her early support for reparations, the definition of political kryptonite, makes me question her judgment, irrespective of the merits. Not here and not now.

1 Like

I think Warren/Harris or Harris/Warren would be a really interesting ticket. But I’ll happily vote for about 20 of them.

Bernie Sanders went from being the “front-runner” in alt-left media to also-ran as soon as Biden got in the race :joy:

Hold that thought for about a year and get back to us.

Ah yes it must be that. It couldn’t be because it’s a small state with hype that doesn’t match it’s influence.

1 Like

He’s made it crystal clear why he has ran as a Democrat a long time ago - as a favor to the Democratic Party so as to not split the vote.This isn’t news or surprising, it’s just good strategy.

“What I did not want to do is run as a third party candidate, take votes away from the Democratic candidate and help elect some right-wing Republican. I did not want responsibility for that. So what I said at the beginning of the campaign is that I was not going to run as an independent. And I say it now, that if I do not win this process I will not run as an independent.”

1 Like

He needs to stop doing the Party a favor. Or go caucus with himself. I’m good either way.

NO candidate willing to make “reparations” an issue in this Presidential race is going anywhere. I am shocked she doesn’t understand this.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available