Discussion: Police: Harassment Of Native American Children A Crime

I’d be willing to bet the dude was pretty surprised when the Police came a knockin. As someone else mentioned, it won’t take long for him to give up the rest of his Klan.

5 Likes

Wonder if they would say the same thing to Henry Boucha -a n Ojibwa from Warroad MN who was one of the state’s greatest players. Played years in NHL and for 1972 Olympic team. #nimrods

1 Like
His exposed what?

+10

4 Likes

WTF is wrong with people?

5 Likes

Thank you. The point of my post is that we do not see a huge amount of problems with anti-native sentiment in my experience and that I have seen personally. Nor do I see or hear a lot in the paper. We have a lot of efforts in SD to promote and work with native folks. So, this kind of blatant stuff is really surprising. It’s of course wrong, but I just don’t see it much. 30-40 years ago? Probably, but I didn’t live here then.

1 Like

Oh cool!
Resident TPM Racesplainer Nick Danger.
(Check the bottom of your shoe bubba.)

jw1

2 Likes

I spent a lot of time In South Dakota. Trust me, the behavior at the hockey game is what thousands of farmfucks in South Dakota are thinking every day of their lives.

1 Like

So this is what it will come to. One or two people will be identified as “the perpertrators”, while the entire rest of the group in the box with them will be “innocent”. Either accomplices or fucking cowards in the worst way.

You might want to check your confirmation bias and re-read that image chyron again.

1 Like

Um…try being part Native American and standing in anything resembling a line outside of any county courthouse in the Mount Rushmore State. I guaran-damn-tee you one of the local Sons of the Sod will yell “Where’s the cheese?” from out the window of his pickup truck. This witticism refers to government cheese handouts and while 30-some years old, is still regarded by these shitkickers as dynamite repartee.

4 Likes

Cue right-wing chorus: “They are trampling on this hockey fan’s first amendment rights. The PC police strike again.”

1 Like

Yep. Nice guys huh. To protect and serve as long as your white

Appreciate the re-write without the dog-whistles this time.

jw1

You can ask that question 100 times a day the answer to which you already know. Right!!

Oh really. Is that why they are on reservations and the alcohol, drugs and sucide rates are over the top, not to mention women suffering physical abuse

Alcohol, hockey and white privilege.

Pouring beer over their heads while shouting racial epithets is the definition of ASSAULT.
Arrest the fucker.

Did you fail history? Reservations were established by the federal government. You really have no understanding of history whatsoever. Note also that in SD a lot of Indians do not live on the Rez - don’t know the percentage on or off. The enrolled folks that work in my research group live off the rez, but go back frequently. The suicide rate, drug use, and spousal abuse are indian-on-indian deals, although there is a lot of attention to them in the state, esp the fetal alcohol issue. The issue here is non-native attitudes. And, BTW, the proper term is Indian. My colleague at my office explained that when I asked him. Native is also OK.

1 Like

If you don’t personally see blatant anti-native comments they don’t exist? Is that what you are saying? Look, lots of nasty things happen. I don’t need to personally see the blood on the pavement to know something bad happened if i hear it on the news read about it on line or in the newspaper or if I get it second hand from someone.

He says he ‘doesn’t doubt’ the story.
What the hell do you want?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available