Discussion: Plane Clips Bridge Before Careening Into Taiwanese River, Leaves 25 Dead

Discussion for article #232863

Pretty dramatic footage. Imagine being in the taxi that got hit on the bridge.

1 Like

That wing dips down 2 more feet and that taxi and occupants are “done”. Wonder if anyone was hurt in it from debris flying though. Hopefully the driver was not too bad since he/she was able to stop the taxi pretty quickly. Incredible footage, almost surreal.

1 Like

Looks just like the movies !!!

That’s some crazy shit! I’d pee my pants if I saw something like that crossing my path on the highway. No shit.

That’s exactly what happens when someone stalls a big plane. It’s pretty clear a few seconds before flipping vertical that the plane lost power and was attempting to stay airborne by pointing upwards. Then it just fell like a rock traveling at 120 MPH as it rotated due to lack of lift (severely reduced airspeed).

If I were to hazard a guess, looks like power failure.

I’m sure CNN will have several weeks of coverage& speculation while looking for the wreckage.

No shit? Not for me. If I were in that taxi, I’m pretty sure there would be shit.

2 Likes

Hope that driver was wearing his brown pants.

2 Likes

True life disasters.
Hard to watch footage.

Been in some harrowing incidents in cars-- and on motorcycles.
Once had a twister chase my car for a couple miles on I-20 west of ATL many years ago.
Can honestly say I’d never soiled myself in any of 'em.

But if I’d been in that taxi?
All bets are off.

jw1