Discussion: Plagiarism In Melania Trump's Speech Didn't Come From Ex-Bush Speechwriter

The Trump aide told NBC News that Scully’s draft had been rejected.

So Malaria was the plagiarist. Guess the Drumpf campaign will have to throw her under the bus.

15 Likes

Drip, drip, drip…

As David Frum over at The Atlantic noted:

Trump has just vividly demonstrated that his campaign—never mind the campaign, he himself—have zero skill at crisis management. Confronted with this comically absurd failure, their instinct is not only to lie, shift blame, and refuse responsibility, but to do so in laughably unbelievable ways. It’s all a big joke when the crisis in question is a plagiarized speech by a would-be first lady. It won’t be so funny when a President Trump tries to manage a truly life-and-death crisis in the same blundering, dopey, and cowardly way.

As Frum rightly points out… imagine for half-a-second what if this was an actual issue of importance, of a life-and-death decision and taking responsibility for making the tough call, where if it goes wrong people die, lives can be ruined, or businesses get destroyed.

11 Likes

Truman’s quote about Nixon applies to Trump:

“Richard Nixon is a no good, lying bastard. He can lie out of both sides of his mouth at the same time, and if he ever caught himself telling the truth, he’d lie just to keep his hand in. ”

9 Likes

And she’d have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn’t been for those meddling kids and their mangy dog!

15 Likes

I wonder how Trump would have handled Benghazi…

1 Like

Of course it didn’t. Look, I hate Karl Rove as much as the next guy, but he was a professional. There’s no way a speech gets out like that under him, or any other establishment consultant in the 21st century.

Fortunately, Team Trump is hairline deep in derp and incompetence, so…

5 Likes

Ask how much Mr. Ghazi was worth, net, before she called him Ben.

3 Likes

No doubt Trump stiffed Scully on his fee, so Scully at least gets some schadenfreude.

5 Likes

now i’m thinking which Scooby Doo villain that she most resembles…

dang you

2 Likes

i’m almost tempted to see what Scully’s draft looked like

1 Like

Again: the Trump campaign is denying, deflecting, and obfuscating because the person responsible for the lifted passages is part of the campaign’s inner circle – possibly a family member, possibly Melania Trump herself. They can’t be seen to discipline that person, and so are driven to ludicrous lengths to claim there’s nothing to sanction anyone for in the first place.

7 Likes

I’m not discounting the chance she’s actually the smart one - now they won’t want to use her anymore. Seems like a good way out of a crappy job.

4 Likes

Scully is now free to pen more bullshit for $bucks$ from the wingnuts.

1 Like

Well, she SAID she basically wrote it all herself, with just a little help.

1 Like

He would have promised to pay them off if the stopped the attack. But it’s OK, because he would’ve reneged on them in the end.

1 Like

LOL, no surprise here.

1 Like

Even surer than ever it’s one of Trump’s kids. Too much time being spent covering up here.

1 Like