Discussion: Pence's Pitch To Wavering GOP Senators On Border Emergency Falls Flat

1 Like

Mother do you think they’ll try to break my balls?
Mother should I build the wall?
Mother should I run for president?
Mother, will you help me build the walll?

13 Likes

I predict epic concern trolling, followed by…wait for it…falling in line to back the dipshit.

7 Likes

better headline: Gov. Rejected by Indiana Voters Now Rejected by Other 49 States

17 Likes

The emptiest suit I have ever seen.

13 Likes

Susan Collins: “I am now convinced that we are truly in a state of emergency.”

7 Likes

“the move was different than DACA.”

It is. DACA was a constitutional exercise of the executive prerogative of prosecutorial discretion supported by facts, evidence and the need to set enforcement priorities when faced with a finite budget. This border wall nonsense is an arbitrary and capricious abuse of power declaring a national emergency unsupported by facts, evidence and reality.

25 Likes

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) was reportedly particularly vocal about his objection to Trump’s emergency declaration, telling Pence he was concerned Republicans would be “ceding the high ground” if they follow through with it, in Politico’s words.

So not only does everything Trump touches dies, but he diminishes his power along the way.

4 Likes

It would help Pence’s case immensely if the emergency, y’know, actually existed.

Thou shalt not bear false witness, Mike. Read that once somewhere.

16 Likes

Mike Pence is currently a weaker Vice President than Dick Cheney is. Tenses intentional.

9 Likes

Robot Pence confronted with data for which he was not programed to interpret - - -

gazes glassy eyed at questioners and then breaks into three verses of “I’m a Little Tea Pot”

then strangely extends open hand to a questioner and says “pull my finger” …

assistants then use a hand truck to wheel him away for repairs.

3 Likes

Hell, Pence is a weaker Veep than Spiro Agnew is. Tenses ditto.

10 Likes

Read the full Politico report here.

Interesting since someone the other week mentioned after I posted a Raw Story article the other week that a lot of stuff on Raw Story came from Politico. Which to me seemed to imply something was wrong with that.

1 Like

I’m really surprised. After that boffo speech in Munich, I would have bet that he could ride the waves of applause all the way through that chat with the Senators.

5 Likes

After two years the GOP brain trust is finally starting to get it…we have not seen a suit this empty since Claude Rains in the “Invisible Man”

7 Likes

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) …was concerned Republicans would be “ceding the high ground…"

Funniest line of the week. And it’s only Wednesday.

11 Likes

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) was reportedly particularly vocal about his objection to Trump’s emergency declaration, telling Pence he was concerned Republicans would be “ceding the high ground” if they follow through with it, in Politico’s words.

Cede the high ground? Really, Rand Paul? Your leader is huddling with America’s enemies at this very moment, and you have done nothing to stop him from destroying our country. You have no fucking idea what “high ground” is.

10 Likes

With representatives like Collins,our government and way of life is in a state of emergency.

2 Likes

“ceding the high ground” ha ha, that’s rich coming from the GOP.

7 Likes

lickspittle: noun: a fawning subordinate : toady

4 Likes