Discussion: Pence's Chief Of Staff Suggests 'Purge' Of Lawmakers Who Don't Support Trump

1 Like

Pssst… not the best word choice, buddy. Try throwing paper towels at them instead.

37 Likes

Hmmm, “party purge.” Sounds like Mikhail Pence and his chief of staff have become thoroughly Russified.

33 Likes

“If — and this sounds crass — we can purge the handful of people who continue to work to defeat him,” Ayers added, according to the report.

19 Likes

Like Roy Moore?

14 Likes

He seems nice.

30 Likes

Theo-fascist purge to be called Night of the Short Hands.

35 Likes

Some good news in a dark week.

5 Likes

Yes. Freedom of speech and independent thinking are so overrated. Let’s just get behind the guy who knows nothing, is amoral, and changes his mind as often as most people take a breath. What could go wrong…other than whiplash.

And, by the way, pretty bold saying this at the St. Regis in DC. He’ll be lucky if he doesn’t get purged.

17 Likes

meh probably only a matter of time - Trump will fly off the handle & demand “a stake through the heart” of someone that Trump felt betrayed him - and some suck-up sycophant tethered to Trump’s hindquarters impulsively makes it happen - or - one of Trump’s Russian underworld allies sees to it that said person falls off of a 9 story building.

4 Likes

I think piling on to the Trump toboggan with no means of steering, atop a steep fast hill, and landscaped with sturdy oaks, sounds like a wonderful winter GOP pass time.

14 Likes

And how does Pence’s Chief of Staff get up there and say something so incendiary, then claim he did it without Pence’s or Trump’s approval?

If I were Pence and I didn’t approve this, I’d be very unhappy.

11 Likes

Have fun at your new job tomorrow as the guy at Wendy’s who pulls the little waxed paper squares off the frozen burgers, Ayers.
And I’m sure all of those GOP members who are not supporting Trump are really scared of a guy whose poll ratings are diving towards 30%, and whose own constituents are so pissed at Trump and the GOP’s actions on healthcare and other issues that the elected officials won’t even hold a town hall.
They aren’t afraid of your idiot Teabaggers and Bannon-lovers, Ayers. They’re afraid of everyone else who have at least half-a-brain and some common sense and don’t listen to Breitbart and InfoWars and FoxNews 24 hours a day.

13 Likes

Apprentice fascist Ayers doesn’t seem to know that lawmakers’ fidelity is to the U.S. Constitution, not Donald Trump or any President. Fool!

14 Likes

11 Likes

Wow that would be almost everyone I’m guessing. Sounds like a dicktatership to me. And I mean it just the way I spelled it!

17 Likes

I have a few candidates for purging.
You better believe it, bub!!

2 Likes

This is what’s wrong with Republican Party. Trump is merely a symptom. Their political operatives (McConnell, Pence and Ryan being the top hacks among them) place no values above from the desire to win. Indeed, they may have no other values.

… if we’re going to be in the minority again we might as well have a minority who are with us as opposed to the minority who helped us become a minority.

It’s what Madison warned us about parties — except on steroids.

It will be their downfall — to which their inability to govern is but a prelude. The only question is how much they will harm our republic and its citizens in the process.

25 Likes

Night of the Easy Grip Sporks

14 Likes

And there we are. Full Nazi. (Note to administration: you should never go full Nazi.) And just in case anyone wasn’t already aware of it (thanks media!) Pence and every one of his toadies are just as dripping awful as Trump.

19 Likes