Discussion: Pelosi: Barr Committed A Crime By Lying To Congress

1 Like

Let’s get this party started.

26 Likes

I think this is more powerful than the calls for resignation. That SOB Barr should be tortured by the fear of impeachment before he resigns voluntarily.

34 Likes

Yes! This has made my morning! Short, simple, devastating.

27 Likes

He did not lie once
He did not lie twice
He did not lie thrice

Rather, there was no discernible point at which Barr DID NOT LIE.

44 Likes

“What is deadly serious is that the attorney general of the United States of America was not telling the truth to the Congress of the United States. That’s a crime,” Pelosi said.

I’ll add that to the list as soon as I get another 64-gig flash drive.

20 Likes

She’s only saying that because it’s true.

31 Likes

Have fun with that, Billy boy

4 Likes

I think when he said ‘good morning’, maybe?

11 Likes

Someone’s sharpening her tomahawk. Bring me some scalps!!!

NO MERCY. NO QUARTER.

30 Likes

Asked later if she believes Barr committed a crime, Pelosi replied, “He lied to Congress. And if anybody else did that, it would be considered a crime.”

Why add the fricking qualifier "if anybody else did that"? Why start the assertion already back on your heels? Why not answer the question "Yes, he committed a crime, and this will not stand."? To the point, no ambiguity. C'mon Nancy, get it together. Sheesh.
12 Likes

My representative, Nancy Pelosi, seems to be playing the long game. Even though I would like to see impeachment proceedings begin now (and have written her to this effect!), there is something to be said for establishing a high evidentiary bar. Then, when she finally pushes impeachment, it means more, and is less likely to be perceived as partisan.

36 Likes

I doubt that anything will ever be perceived as less partisan, but thank you for writing to her.

10 Likes

OH NO! He must be sooooo scared right now, I mean he might face the terrible penalty of a verbal pearl clutching from democrats. The horror!

4 Likes

We are not in a constant state of hate–we Democrats. It takes time to get sufficiently incensed. But Barr is fixing to make the U.S., effectively LAWLESS if he is allowed to do so.

That, my friend, is arousable.

15 Likes

More of this please, Speaker Pelosi.

Now, whacha gonna do?

5 Likes

I’ll settle for the torture
Him and Hannity
Waterboarded

2 Likes

Public polling on impeachment, a political act, reveals support is far from the majority. And every day that passes is one day closer to the argument “The election is only ______ days away, we should just let the voters decide this”, with that logic gaining more traction in an already somewhat ambivalent or outright opposed environment in the populace. Time is not on the side of the Democrats in an impeachment fight. If the aim is to damage Trump with the fruits of an impeachment investigation, knowing conviction is nevertheless a lost cause, delays diminish even that goal.

5 Likes

Years ago I had to go to traffic court because of an expired tag. I took a book to read to help me pass the time. I wasn’t paying much attention to the proceedings as the judge went through the docket UNTIL the judge asked the bailiff to arrest a man. I started paying very close attention then. We may be at a bailiff moment here.

19 Likes

Who watches the watchman when the watchman’s watchman watch for each other and not who they ought to be watching?

6 Likes