Discussion: Paul Ryan Issues Warning Shot: He 'Will Not Tolerate' Another Dem Sit-In

Sit-in sit-in sit-in sit-in sit-in sit-in sit-in sit-in sit-in sit-in sit-in!!
Come on Dems!!

3 Likes

6 Likes

If the Democrats try such a stunt again, Paul Ryan will have no choice but to put them on double secret probation.

19 Likes

There will be a sternly worded letter in it for them this time…

8 Likes

“Respect my authoritay!”

9 Likes

Ryan’s extreme action would be to have the House vote to remove those sitting in from office. Would he go that far?

1 Like

Ryan should have the Democrats arrested this time, every congressman/woman and every senator, and maybe have obama/biden sit in as well… that will show who’s boss

1 Like

I believe that would require an unattainable two-thirds majority for expulsion, wouldn’t it?

4 Likes

Here’s a suggestion, recall to service all the surviving Chicago cops who arrested and jailed the protesters at the 1968 Democratic Convention and order them to arrest and jail the protesting House Democrats. I doubt that the whole world will be watching…seriously.

@ralph_vonholst’s misspelling is perfect! Pauly does give his asterisks super powers of obfuscation.

5 Likes

So shutdown of the whole federal government to get unpopular budget cuts is okay, but shutdown of the just house to get a vote on something 85% of americans and gun owners want is not.

You can’t spell RyAN without NRA.

21 Likes

Uuuuuuuuh! Please don’t fling them into briar patch, Paul. Har har har.

16 Likes

Civil Disobedience without guns is a very difficult thing to deal with, if you are a republican leader with a “C-” intellect.
If you truly were a leader Mr. Little Paul" you would allow a vote. But I suspect stupid is as stupid does - Mrs. Forrest Gump

1 Like

“Paul Ryan isn’t a detail oriented sort of guy.” - Rand Paul

6 Likes

20 Likes

Congresscritters are immune from arrest both in chambers and on their way to/from a session, and can’t be charged or sued for anything done/said as part of “speech and debate”. But I think the chair can still call the Sergeant At Arms to remove someone who is creating a disturbance.

Which would be even worse for Ryan, because he would have the appearance of being a jackbooted thug without, y’know, actually getting to do anything that might have a deterrent effect. It’s really pretty remarkable that this sit-in happened at all – you have people whose entire careers have depended on acting pleasantly…

7 Likes

Ugg! Welcome back!

5 Likes

Yeah…riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, Paulie.

As if you’ve done any better than John the Weeper of the House. The Dem Reps ought to recruit a bunch of their constituents to join them on the floor. I’d be glad to contribute to the pizza/sandwich fund.

4 Likes

he doesn’t want to run away again

Excellent pic-- Imma gonna steal it!

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available