Discussion: Papadopoulos 2020: Coffee Boy Wants To Run For Congress

Campaign slogan writes itself: Putting the “dum” back in Duma!

2 Likes

LOL. He will have to go battle an endangered Republican in the outer reaches to be elected. Good luck with that, convicted felon Republican. The level of stupid here is symptomatic of “bubble living Republican” syndrome.

1 Like

We kicked Rohrabacher out and we are not going back. He can go fight Devin Nunes for his seat.

3 Likes

I guess Grifty Goes to Hollywood isn’t working out.

He wants to run in orange county california??? I got news for you, poppy-do, ballot harvesting by campaign workers is legal in CA now and orange county is republican no more. Try the central valley, but it’s baking dusty hot there, and you’ll have to learn about real issues like water rights and threading the line between republican deportation policy and big Ag’s need for workers.

2 Likes

His disorder has an agent now.

4 Likes

At least be doesn’t have to worry about pissing off GOP incumbents. Maybe he should run for Duncan Hunter’s district. They can swap prison tips.

2 Likes

Bingo. Either ambitions for her country or ambitions for her person. If legit she doesn’t want to end up like kimberly guilfoyle.

2 Likes

Doesn’t running for congress violate the terms of his supervised release?

2 Likes

Naah, wouldn’t be prudent. But I hear Mississippi is lovely at this time of the year. Perhaps he could move to The Hospitality State?

2 Likes

“He tells me he is looking at seats in Orange County (Nixon’s birthplace) and is already taking to from donors.”

FIFY!

2 Likes

I guess he’s got to do something for the next few months, since Dancing With the Stars is not airing spring episodes in 2019.

1 Like

Owning in the sense of possessing them. Having earned them.

2 Likes

I do understand your intention, but I still think that it is difficult, and perhaps impossible, to avoid the more negative implications of owning, which in the original context implies that seats belong to one or the other of the two parties. While John McCain was in the Senate, the seat was “his,” in a sense, but at no time did he “own” it, even having won the seat for a number of consecutive terms. (Consequently, his family should probably have no actual say in the decision making process for a replacement to fill out the remainder of the term.)

There are some seats in CA which are about as close to being owned as you can get. Pelosi’s is one of them after nearly 30 years because she beats back her challengers every time out. Before she ran for this office there were two different Democrats named Burton who held this seat (Phil and later his widow Sala for a total of about 25 years), so sometimes owning happens.

2 Likes

If the dude is convicted of lying to the FBI, then he is pre-certified as a GOP politician/celebrity. He’s following the prototype of Oliver North.

1 Like

I LOL’d.

1 Like

He and his Italian wife are getting the ultimate in American Decadent Pop Culture Era Therapy, their own Kardashian TV Show. He will soon be replacing George Clooney as the new TV ad spokesperson for those ghastly individual espresso cup making coffee machines that are polluting the earth with their discarded pods. Folgers and Bustelo are banging on his door also. The wife will start a design label of her very own fashion ideas. Little silicon inserts that will help runway models so their stilettos don’t pinch and worsen their bunions. And he will move into one of the GOP’s gerrymandered districts and take his chances against some former Navy Seal, another convicted felon from The Witch Hunt, and QAnon preachers in a vicious GOP Primary. The Base loves foreign trophy wives so this will give him two legs up.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available