Discussion: O'Reilly In 2008: If You've Been Shot, You Remember — 'I've Been Shot At'

Discussion for article #233758

Turns out you also remember it even if you weren’t shot at.

22 Likes

There are old farts all over this country sitting on park benches and feeing the pigeons who remember how the Rockefellers ruined their lives too.

1 Like

, because I’ve been shot at.

… or maybe I was playing xBox … it is so confusing …

5 Likes

I have an uncle who vividly remembers bowling a perfect 300 even though he’s never been in a bowling alley.

3 Likes

Bill O’Reilly…we should have been questioning his veracity when he talked about Lincoln in the Oval Office.

“Now, see here sonny…I remember covering Lincoln while he signed the Emancipation Proclamation in the Oval Office…my eyes were brimming with tears…I was so happy to see that these ******* were being set free…”

1 Like

Bill reminds me of the bigmouthed uncle at the Thanksgiving table who talks about the Japanese bullets whistling by his ears when he was on Tarawa.

When actually he fought all of World War II from a desk in Fort Hood.

9 Likes

Just ask Tom Hanks and Matt Damon. They were there.

3 Likes

Pretty soon we’re gonna get a wink-y, “Oh, I’ve got a wee bit of Irish Story Teller, in me for sure” defense.

BillO also added: “Look when Leonidas dying on the battlefield of Thermpolyae hands you a vital message to carry back to the rest of Greeks you remember it.”

6 Likes

Billo, memories tend to blur. Especially violent stress filled ones. Testimony in court has shown eye witnesses can be less than accurate. And we are all aware, painfully aware, that you embellish your memories to make them appear more than they are because of your need to appear heroic. The majority of us who have been shot at or shot and survived were doing our jobs or were in the wrong place at the wrong time (my case for example) would rather not talk about our experiences and hopefully forget them. but not you , Billo. Somehow you are more important to the human race. A paragon, A Hero.(in your eyes). When in truth you are a chickenhawk.

6 Likes

Yeah, yeah, Bill.

Hey, can you tell us about the time you were bayoneted 13 times on Iwo Jima by the Romanians while storming the beaches?

1 Like

aa[quote=“fargo116, post:7, topic:17352, full:true”]
Bill reminds me of the bigmouthed uncle at the Thanksgiving table who talks about the Japanese bullets whistling by his ears when he was on Tarawa.

When actually he fought all of World War II from a desk in Fort Hood.
[/quote]

Those desks at Ft. Hood can be very dangerous, lethal even :smile:

1 Like

I guess we’ll look back on the last couple of weeks as, symbolically-speaking, Killing Bill O’Reilly.

1 Like

Recently-surfaced video of Billo covering the Falkland War.

3 Likes

Oh Billo.

It was a luffa sponge!

Hey! I really was there … participating even!

Billo, hoist upon his very own Petard at the city gate no less.

That clip is certainly one the Mythbusters should look into.

Let’s be clear here: Bill wasn’t really shot at, he saw pictures of him being shot at.

3 Likes