Discussion: O'Reilly Hits Trump On His Praise For 'Operation Wetback': It Was 'Brutal'

Discussion for article #242750

Huh?

For “conservatives” and the modern GOP, such a plan being brutal is a feature, not a bug.

11 Likes

Maybe Bill had a visit from Xmas future the night before last?

6 Likes

The crops are all in and the peaches are rott’ning,
The oranges piled in their creosote dumps;
They’re flying 'em back to the Mexican border
To pay all their money to wade back again

Goodbye to my Juan, goodbye, Rosalita,
Adios mis amigos, Jesus y Maria;
You won’t have your names when you ride the big airplane,
All they will call you will be “deportees”

11 Likes

You may be onto something-he doesn’t like the brutal idea, but the fantasy one is still cool. It would make sense.

1 Like

Just to be clear, does BillO think The Rump has a bad idea, or a good idea which lamentably won’t fly because the courts aren’t brutal enough? He sounds more nostalgic for the brutal old days than anything, which is unsurprising given his predisposition towards epic fantasy, misremembering himself as a battlefield reporter.

2 Likes

dumb people talking about horrible things…another day in the disintegrated gop

5 Likes

All public policy proposals by the Repubs are “brutal” by their very nature!! It’s a requirement, BillO.

2 Likes

“The stuff they did was really brutal, it could never happen today.” But we’re working on it.

A little more time, a tad more propaganda from O’Reilly & Fox, the dam will crack. Keep the goal in mind. Ethnic cleansing, nothing less.

4 Likes

Build that wall is still a go, because infrastructure (it isn’t about keeping Mexicans out) it’s a work program. Riiiiiiight.

Reagan may be their hero for his, take down that wall, speech and the righties love him for that but without the slightest bit-o-irony, they want to build a wall right here at home.

Tear down that wall- Build that wall. My head hurts.

9 Likes

I wonder who will be the workers on “the wall?” How many will be deported as soon as the work is done?

3 Likes

Uh oh! Trump has his “Somebody is Saying I’m Not Awesome!” face on. Same face he had that night Obama roasted his ass at the Gridiron dinner, when he decided to run for president.

Thing is, O’Reilly and Trump both have the exact same overcompensated inferiority complex problem. No good can come from them meeting. Well, except for everyone but them.

5 Likes

I think Trump is trying to tank his campaign without looking like he’s tanking it. Otherwise why would you say such an outrageous thing? Trump’s probably worried he might actually have to run.

1 Like

Reagan has to be brought up to date every time Republicans resurrect him. So St. Ron’s shining city on the hill now has to have a wall built around it. With two electric fences, a moat, and alligators with lasers. Reagan was funny enough by himself. ( August 1984 – “My fellow Americans, I’m pleased to tell you today that I’ve signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.” ) But when combined with contemporary fascists, it’s hilarious.

Build the wall with the big fancy door in it. Which will be locked of course. Then put a slide on the wall. Better yet, a water slide! Round up the Mexicans and other illegals humanely. Grandmothers and little kids. Take them to the top of the wall and off they go! Down the slide into a pool of water, on the Mexican side of the border. It will be fun, like an amusement park! Not brutal at all, see?

2 Likes

Yeeesh!
Two sour pusses… I shouldn’t have poked the story… I’ll read it later.

Trump is no longer even mildly amusing. He’s uber obnoxious, crude and uncivil. He is a mirror of so many Luddites and low/no info Baggers and Cons (aka: The Republican Party) in American society today. His constant sneer reminds one of the pictures of Mussolini standing on a balcony in Rome, arms folded, head bobbing. Those who cheer him on because “he tells the truth” are ignorant fools, bleating their adulation, with no ability to think. The rest of the Clown Car occupants only make it worse by trying to be more extreme to be heard above the cheers for The Trump Chump. YUK!

The beauty, the simple and elegant horror of Trump’s campaign, is that his supporters don’t care. They KNOW what they KNOW: Every Latino is here illegally; Every African-American is on welfare; Crime is rampant; The Gays’ are destroying MurriKKKa’s families; Obama is coming after our guns and bibles; Economy is tanking; America is not respected in the world; Military is depleted.
They’re far, far below a low-information voter, and they are the GOP’s ‘base’.
Truth and facts have nothing to do with their ‘beliefs’…and Trump mirrors that.

15 Likes

He immediately bathed in Purel after touching that little germ factory…

1 Like

And he gave a good beat down to Reagan hagiographer George Will the other day…

Man, the Republican biome gets more bizarre every day!

Trump probably envisions that the work will be done by rounded-up Mexican immigrants standing exclusively on the south side of the wall.