Discussion: Only Abortion Clinic In Missouri Can Keep Operating Until End Of Week

Only Abortion Clinic In Missouri Can Keep Operating Until End Of Week

After that head to target for your wire cloth hangers, or you can order on line from Amazon. Better yet, ladies, move to a state that’s not dominated by knuckledraggers, Minnesota’s economy is doing fine and is not that far away.

1 Like

Shouldn’t publish any article on this without noting upfront that the reason for the challenge is that the State mandates that women be sexually assaulted by the provider at least 72 hours before having an abortion.

6 Likes

god is angry at MISSOURI…she sent floods and plagues to those who abuse her sisters…

1 Like

“They tell you that there’s a war on women. There is no war on women. There may be a war on what’s inside of women, but there is no war on women in this country.”
— Dr. “Uncle Ambien” Ben Carson, legendary somnambulist and baggage handler

We’re going to kill women’s access to their Constitutionally guaranteed health care, but first … let’s twist the knife a little more.

6 Likes

UNCLE BEN, Get your head out of the rice bowl…

I am so DONE with these backward, woman hating states. I spent several weeks last summer touring several of these states as potential sites for conferences for techies. The ‘first tier’ states had gotten too expensive and the big Tech had been looking for alternatives. Sadly, although lovely states with much to offer, we will be unable to recommend any of these due to sexist/bigoted policies that will upset members.

2 Likes

ABSOLUTELY. It’s object rape, and Kentucky’s Court of Appeals just OK’d it for the Commonwealth.

1 Like

My one tactical suggestion is that PP just pick up and move about 2 miles across the Mississippi River to Illinois. Set up a free shuttle bus. And advertise. This way, at least metro St. Louis will be spared the wrath of the wingnuts. (Kansas City is harder; that shuttle bus has a 400 mile drive across Kansas to the Colorado state line.)

You could do this in many different places. For example, floating hospital ships outside the 7-mile limit across all the states from NC to Texas. (This is a practice run in case rapey ol’ Brett decides to rule that the constitution absolutely forbids abortion and birth control.)

Twice the doctor must perform a pelvic exam, once at the initial appointment, and then a second one at least 72 hours after the first one when the procedure will occur. And the procedure could just be a prescription for a medical abortion-aka a pill.

2 Likes

That makes me cry. We are so friendly and welcoming, and there IS a progressive contingent here, especially in the cities you would like: Louisville and Lexington.

That’s the message we need to get out more: like Georgia, we are being blackballed by the hot hands of the economy for treating women - and LGBT, non-whites and non-christians - like sub-humans.

We are trying, really.

There is one in Granite City, IL which is about 10 miles from the St. Louis PP. In AR there is one in Little Rock, two in KC, KS, and at least 4 in IA. So the women in central MO are screwed.

As for Kermit Gosnell being the impetus for the attacks on clinics, that is the height of anti-abortion hypocrisy.

Gosnell performed ILLEGAL abortions. He committed MURDER. He was not operating a medical clinic; he was operating his personal torture chamber. And poor women who could not afford the time and multiple trips the state had forced actual LEGAL abortion clinics to require, had to turn to an illegal abortionist.

Gosnell is exactly the future that the anti-abortionists will condemn us to. When the last clinic closes, a thousand Gosnells will open across the land, bloody hands beckoning to the desperate women with no legal, safe clinic to go to.

2 Likes

You mis-spelled “State-Sponsored Rape”

5 Likes

My younger daughter got her graduate degree at Mizzou. Visited her a number of times when she was there (She’s in Santa Fe, now) and I have to say, I would no more consider living in Missouri than I would consider living in an an active land fill. Place makes Arizona look like the land ruled by Philosopher Kings. Jesus, guns, and large quantities of alcohol, meth, and opioids. At least Arizona had good Mexican food.

2 Likes

Dead. On.

2 Likes

This is how you know that State actions have nothing to do with the Gosnell case in Philadelphia or women’s health for that matter. Rather, what states like Missouri are doing is trying to control women sexuality and reestablish male dominance over women and if women do not like it they get raped by the state.

2 Likes

I didn’t want to be that specific on such a high class site as this.

2 Likes

I too graduated from Mizzou, went back and lived and worked in Columbia, MO., but those were different times…but Jeff City was a lot worse and it hasn’t gotten better.

1 Like

Shit. I’m all for calling a spade a sharp-pointy-thing-with-wooden-handle-that-is-used-to-dig-up-dirt.

But this State-Sponsored Rape thing should be called what it is.

“Pelvic exam” helps the politicians to hide what they are doing behind flowery words that sound harmless.

2 Likes