Discussion: OFA #TBT: Remember When Women Made Their Own Health Care Choices?

Discussion for article #224669

Well played. Very well played.

15 Likes

Wasn’t the Birth Control Mandate added by PBO after ACA was already in place?

If so, it looks like he was trolling the GOP into stabbing themselves in the face again.

6 Likes

Fuuuuuuuuuck yes, Mr. President.

Well played indeed.

5 Likes

Establishing religion in government was always a stupid idea. GOP no doubt holds the patent for it.

First the religion screws up the government to take unfair advantage of the other belief systems, and in turn the government pollutes the religion.

Per Mark Twain: Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion – several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn’t straight.

2 Likes

Plus if you actually LIKE your religion, linking it to the Government is a terrible idea in a democracy/republic.

Most euro countries with state religions are maintaining churches as museums now.

3 Likes

That’s why I love this President. I don’t know how he does it, really. How demoralizing it must be to be working so hard to try to do the right thing, while having both hands tied behind your back by the RWNJs and Scotus.

5 Likes

Gotta love Mark Twain

2 Likes

I kinda think what just happened was religion was linked to corporate entities by a corporate controlled government. The clear intent was to enhance the idea of corporations as persons with rights that exceed those of biological persons, because god sez so. . The unintended consequences are countless.

Get some good beer to go with your popcorn.
peace

3 Likes

The fact that John Boehner was out there, within hours, trying to link the SCOTUS decision to Bill Clinton (with Boehner’s tweet about thanking Clinton for RFPA) indicates Boehner realizes just how toxic this is going to be.

Hence, there will be much repetition of “religious freedom”. But he knows that this is bad.

3 Likes

Boehner knows full well that the GOP is royally fucked for 2016.

And he also knows that they’re not in the catbird seat anymore for this November, either—despite what the thick-witted beltway media whores keep trumpeting.

5 Likes

Fine by me. Keep doing it until they are a footnote in history.

4 Likes

And I do believe they are headed for extinction - I hope it is sooner than later

3 Likes

Because for some, providing 12 forms of birth control just isn’t enough.

not if the 13th kind is the one your doctor says you need medically

2 Likes

No.