Discussion: Obama Murders Memes And Hawks HealthCare.gov In New Video

Discussion for article #233202

Nice. The “thanks Obama” riff is classic.

22 Likes

Hilarious! And very well done. I can’t remember a president in my lifetime who was more willing to poke fun at himself.

22 Likes

Last year’s video drew some indignation from the Washington press corps, and this year’s bit is likewise attracting some early criticism from conservatives.

‘No more fucks left to give.’ So wank off!

14 Likes

I thought he was on a PAYGO system at this point. :smile:

1 Like

LOL. I like BuzzFeed’s ‘Try Guys’ and our President Obama – great mashup!.

4 Likes

I know, right? That had me laughing.
Cute video. I still think the Between Two Ferns is the best one ever, but this one comes pretty close.
Pres. Obama is just so personable, so cool and willing to go and do things past presidents wouldn’t. Bravo to him.

9 Likes

In the words of Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff, “Republicans” just dont understand.

3 Likes

in 3, 2, 1 …

How many screams of this being “un-presidential” and “beneath the office” do you think we’ll hear ??

8 Likes

What? I couldn’t hear you over all the screaming of this being"un-presidential" and “beneath the office”. Say that again?

6 Likes

Absolutely loved it!! Very nicely done.

4 Likes

5.5 million views in just 6 hours! Viral indeed.

5 Likes

How dare he have fun when brutally oppressed Christians are being forced to bake gay wedding cakes against their will??

14 Likes

I have to add words to the sentence oR TPM won’t let me just say"

I LOVE MY PRESIDENT.

6 Likes

Next to my hubby, he’s the love of my life.

3 Likes

They need to make an official Presidential selfie stick with the Presidential seal. I’d buy one as a collectors item.

3 Likes

Wait, are we supposed to be outraged that Obama isn’t doing enough to market the ACA, or are we supposed to be outraged that he would dare to market the ACA to millenials? I’m sure Ron Fournier will be able to answer that question soon enough.

(Spoiler alert: The answer is yes. Outrage at everything. The food is terrible, and the portions are too small.)

7 Likes

They said Reagan was the great communicator… There’s a new communicator in the house. Go directly to the back of the line Reagan.

7 Likes

Not only is Obama a far better communicator - he’s brilliant - Reagan was an empty suit with an empty head

7 Likes

TPM:

Last year’s video drew some indignation from the Washington press corps, and this year’s bit is likewise attracting some early criticism from conservatives.

You know what, conservatives? I’ve seen Nixon on Laugh-In (Sock it to ME?) and George Bush searching for Iraq’s WMD’s in the White House, and trust me when I tell you that you might wanna look to the plank in your own eye before critiquing any other president’s pop culture forays.

How any Republican can accuse President Barack Obama of diminishing the presidency after Watergate, Iran-Contra, leading the country into the greatest economic mess since the Great Depression (which also started under a Republican president), losing a city to hurricane, and the fiasco of Iraq War 2, is totally beyond me.

7 Likes