Discussion: Obama: ‘Democracy Will Break Down’ If We Don’t Take It Seriously

Yes. So true. And it has haunted this administration for both terms. And now that you mention it, this recent catastrophic election result as well.

1 Like

You took the words right out of my mouth. Democrats, many of whom lash out against Conservatives’ proclivity to paint their “enemies” with broad bushes, are currently doing just that, that is, demonizing Trump voters. I see this as a losing proposition. As far as changing minds, I think it goes both ways, the person who thinks they need to change minds, might need to have his mind changed as well. Both sides can learn from each other. Engagement? As long as we talk in sound bites and through the media filter little will change and the power brokers, politicians and the media will use the misconceptions we hold of each other to manipulate us for their own gain.

1 Like

Here’s what I’ve learned from them in the last 7 years:

  1. they want to take their country back
  2. Obama is a Muslim
  3. Obama is not American
  4. Obama is a tyrant
  5. Obama is a dictator
  6. Obama shreds the Constitution by getting up in the morning
  7. Liberals are cucks
  8. Black Lives Matter is a terrorist organization
  9. Obstruct, obstruct, obstruct
  10. Cause the government to have a lower credit rating and shut it down

I could continue, but Democrats and liberals keep thinking that by “being the better man”, that’s somehow supposed to be empowering or uplifting. It’s a secular superstition, on par with a wafer becoming the body of an apocalyptic Jewish fanatic from 2,000 years ago that you eat every Sunday.

But of course, I know that Democrats and liberals will fold like France in June 1940 (and 1870 and on and on but you get the point) and quickly spread her legs for her new, powerful and manly master.

Oh, look! Done and done.

I am sure that there are people out there who believe some or many of these things. But you’ve listed a bunch of talking points. Talking points created by the media and politicians to promote their cause, sell some advertising, manipulate the simple folk. I am not looking to be the better person. I am trying to get past the bubble created for us to keeps the working class divided and helps power brokers manipulate. There is no real conversation going on here when communication is wholly dependent on the media filter. Try reaching out to some Trump voters and talk with them to find out why they really voted for Trump. Once you get past the talking points you’ll find they have legitimate reasons for not going with Hillary. You or I might not agree with the decision but at least you’ll see that they “have made a judgement call when asked to vote between 2 poor choices.”