Discussion: NYT: No, Conservatives, We Didn't Crop Out Bush In Selma Photo

Discussion for article #234112

These whiners might be better served asking why George W. Bush preferred, or was asked, to march on the sidelines.

Then they might want to ask why George W. Bush was ‘cropped’ out of the 2008 and 2012 Republican conventions.

51 Likes

Yes, the NYT, which broke the story on the Hillary emails, is now beating the drum about funding to the Clinton Foundation, and, oh yeah, broke the Whitewater 'scandal" is clearly out to protect the Democrats. The right-wing seems to think that all media is like their own, propaganda arms for a favored political party.

27 Likes

GWB was cropped out of the Viet Nam war, too. He’s like the anti-Zelig.

59 Likes

Why did the New York Times crop WMDs out of Iraq?

28 Likes

Another day, another reason for Republicans to whine about being victims.

21 Likes

O"Leilly wasn’t there but he saw a picture. So he was.

23 Likes

Why am I not “suprised” that a GOP “Communication Director” can’t even spell “surprise”?

20 Likes

Answering these kinds of ridiculous rightwingnut accusations only legitimizes them while distracting from real issues. Like teasing a cat with a flashlight they waste our time.

3 Likes

“Bush was in the bright sunlight,” he explained. “I did not even send this frame because it’s very wide and super busy and Bush is super-overexposed because he was in the sun and Obama and the others are in the shade.”

Why all the complaints? It looks like their sun-boy might have been in the midst of some kind of rapturous, providential illumination and the camera just couldn’t handle the high dynamic range.

9 Likes

Weird. First they refuse to even acknowledge who was president until 2008, now they’re squawking because they think the Times deliberately excluded any images of him?

Dear Times: please include the photo of George W Bush jumping to his feet, applauding Obama’s speech, if you really want to set the wingers ablaze in cognitive dissonance.

24 Likes

Classic.

Couldn’t even spell it TWICE.

5 Likes

Better than if they had put a black rectangle over his eyes…

2 Likes

5 Likes

The Reich-Wing Professional Outrage Machine goes to 11.

7 Likes

Malia isn’t in the picture either! You can see her arm but the rest of her is cropped out. What does this mean? Where is the rest of her? Is she just an arm now? Someone call Trey Gowdy, I smell a conspiracy.

18 Likes

Actually, it’s probably best, anyway, because in one of the pics of that scene that I saw, she looked like she had just burst out laughing.

Imagine the outrage, then!

6 Likes

I suppose if John Boehner and Mitch McConnell had requested to march arm-in-arm with Obama at the front of the line this criticism wouldn’t be an issue.

8 Likes

Nigel Tufnel will have to sue.