Discussion: NYT: New National Security Adviser Breaks With Trump On Views Of Islam

Non-radical adviser breaks with radical POTUS on non-existent radical Islam.

Is that about it?

In this administration, advice is a one way street. Either repeat and reinforce the company line or said advice is fake and unnecessary.
True advice has the chance of becoming policy or at least a part of it, part of the foundation, that is to say.
In Trumpistan, it’s adversarial to advise against the prerequisite thereby rendering advice and advisers to the very serious pen of clowns.

Okay, I’m really tired of the kakistocracy now. Is this how they do it? Just erode everything with the the steady shitstream?

2 Likes

I’ll say! Now they’ll have to be the grownups and deal with actual problems facing this country, the worst of which is the damage the self-absorbed, know-nothing, constantly boastful Trump is doing.

English is like the proverbial “melting pot”. There are words and constructions from many languages all mashed up together, and it absorbs more all the time.

The White House is going to need to install a revolving door at this rate.

1 Like

Trump bubble contaminated by reality. Panic!

I think and hope that you are right. My take on the comment is that McMaster is trying to keep the competent staff from bailing, so he has some chance of maintaining a functioning agency.

I think also that McMaster is deliberately putting the administration in the position of choosing either to let him do the job the way he thinks it should be done, or to tell him to go. It’s a good move. Trump is very vulnerable after campaigning on national security and having his his first choice of NSA revealed as a lying nutter.

2 Likes

Grigori Y. Bannon might have met his match with H.R. As a former soldier, I can tell this guy has brass balls and brains. He even looks intimidating. Would love to see fat, boozy, artery-clogged, melanoma-ridden Grigori just shoved a little by the General. Just a little.

5 Likes

I do believe if you say Donald Trump three times in a mirror, his ghostly hair will reach through and attach itself to your face and you will die of Clairol Golden Blonde toxicity.

1 Like

I wonder if either Gen. McMaster or DT knows that Muhammad Ali Jr was detained for 2 hours when returning from Jamaica recently. He’d been traveling with his mother the 1st wife of the famous boxer. Mr Ali was detained and questioned repeatedly about his religion. This is an American Citizen after all. It seems that DT’s Muslim ban is in full force and extends to anyone of that faith. I am hoping that Mr Ali sues the pants off CPB.

1 Like

SUCK on THAT, Rudy Ghouliani!

BTW, what has happened to Rudy and his side kick Newty. Have they been swallowed by a sink hole?

Giuliani is probably in the dog house for providing ammunition to those who said that the President’s immigration Executive Order was illegal.

And Gingrich’s last appearance was on, of course, Fox News, loudly proclaiming that “this is a real war” against the media.

I think this is a real war. I think the people on the other side, whether they’re the demonstrators at the rally, or the college professors, or many of the senior reporters, they are the other team.

The General is making Trump look weak.

Also, I wonder whether Preshitident Trump repeated the phrase Radical Islamic Terrorism several times at CPAC as part of his anti-terrorism strategy.

Trump. Wrong. Sad.

Aren’t we past the 30 days in which Trump said he would defeat ISIS?

In exchange for giving military hardware to Israel, they’re secretly supplying the Contras with Palestinians. Or something.

I’m an old man. I’m confused!

1 Like

That, and the wildly irrational spelling. It’s just about the only language in which a “spelling bee” is a thing. In most other languages, if you know what the word sounds like, you know how to spell it.

Then there is this: Tell Donald exactly what he wants to hear or it is “incomplete”.

@carolson:
WaPo has really shined (shone?)…

@thunderclapnewman
Shined is the correct past tense…

It’s not too clear what ‘correct’ means in this context. The most plausible interpretation of the term is something like 'what native speakers of the variety are comfortable with." Which is definitely not the case here, either way.

That reminds me of:

Parent: “Behave!”

Child: “I’m being have!”

2 Likes

That’s interesting. I imagine the French could have spelling bees too, but they would include three dinner-length intermissions and a brief ballet interlude.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available